Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2008, 01:00 AM   #1
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
My wife, Amy and I have decided to settle down after almost 7 years of living full time in our motorhome. We are closing on a house in Chattanooga, Friday and will begin to make the transition back into a stick (and brick) house before winter sets in. We have had a wonderful experience around the country and have met so many great folks out there. We hope to be able to one day be retired and do it again. We are keeping the coach for that day; it has been too reliable to give it up. I will still be an active participant on the forums, so we will see you around. Good luck and take care.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
My wife, Amy and I have decided to settle down after almost 7 years of living full time in our motorhome. We are closing on a house in Chattanooga, Friday and will begin to make the transition back into a stick (and brick) house before winter sets in. We have had a wonderful experience around the country and have met so many great folks out there. We hope to be able to one day be retired and do it again. We are keeping the coach for that day; it has been too reliable to give it up. I will still be an active participant on the forums, so we will see you around. Good luck and take care.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:14 AM   #3

Good luck in the new house. Me, I look forward to the day I can full time like you have done.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:15 AM   #4

mike & amy, good luck with your new stick home, life and future endeavors. we too did the full time thing for 4 1/2 yrs. loved every minute of it. back to the stick. i will tell you, when this economy gets right we will sell again and be back full timeing! jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Best to you on your house and new lifestyle. Will still be looking forward to your advice here on the forum.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:50 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Good luck being able to stay still! LOL!! Chattanooga is a nice part of Tennessee - used to vacation there often. Best wishes!

And it's great to see fellow Earnhardt fans!!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #7

Good luck Mike,

Your advice and input on the forums has been invaluable. Sometimes you just have to settle down. Since we have just started to full time, it will be a while for us. Glad to see that you will still be hanging around the forums.

Take care, Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mike & Amy;

Good luck on your life style changes. I always wanted to do what you did but DW would not budge. Let us know how your new digs works out for you.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:57 AM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Mike and Amy;
Best of luck setteling down again. We met you at the iRV2 rally in Nashville TN. Are you working for the big RV dealer in Chattanooga that is also a Camping World dealership? My wife has family in Gadsden AL and 3 years ago when we were visiting them we rode up to Chattanooga, to shop at that Camping World store.
Thanks for all of the advice that you give here on iRV2.

Bill
Old 09-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #10

Mike, glad to hear that you will be hanging around the forum ,as much of your past posted info. has proven invaluable to many of us. When not on the road we hang our hat in Crossville, TN which is about 70-80 miles north of your new abode.

Actually, we are hoping that by this time next year we will be doing the exact reverse of what you and Amy are now doing. Too bad we did not know you were planning to come off of the road as our #1 priority is to sell the house which has a separate 20' X 50' RV garage that would have accomodated your Scenic Cruiser very nicely.

Best wishes to you and Amy in your new life's endeavor, Ken...
Old 09-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Thank you all for the best wishes. I will definitely be here once I get settled down. We hope to visit with all of you at some time in the future.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:38 PM   #12

Mike,

I hope your closing went and concluded smoothly!

I just have two words for you . . ."PROPERTY TAX!"

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:01 AM   #13
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Lew, everything went very smoothly with no hiccups. Now we are going to have to do a lot of work getting it all set up and moved in. At least the taxes as not as high as they were in Fl.! I hope you guys can stop by sometime when you have the time.
How are the prospects for next summer coming along? Hope you have a great winter.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:27 AM   #14

Mike,

I'm glad that your closing went smoothly. Sometimes they don't. I guess you can take your time moving in. Just remember to leave enough stuff in the rig for a quick getaway on the weekends!

Regarding our workamping experience, I'm back at JD Sanders RV Center in Alachua. It was like they couldn't wait for my return. Every salesman and even the GM lined up at my door with requests. I'm still updating the website with rigs not sent to me over the summer for inclusion.

Bar Harbor, Maine is our destination next summer. We're committed to Coastal Kayak/ Acadia Bike up there for the season. I have to re-up my CDL as I will be transporting kayaking tour groups to the drop off points and then picking them up at the end. Sima will be working at one of their stores/offices.

Bar Harbor is an amazing looking area. I found wonderful pictures on the web of the area. We will be there from around 5/15 to 9/15.

Can't wait to enjoy a cool summer!

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote