Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Taking Pictures

I often watch my DW pour through the same old photo albums time after time enjoying all the same old pictures. The albums are just a jumble of mostly unrelated photos in no particular order at all. I think, since I've gotten a digital camera, we almost never look at any pictures I have on the computer....what a waste because we've visited some really great places and I've taken hundreds and hundreds of pictures.
I just got out the old Canon Sure Shot, next trip I'm going back to film!
How about you folks, what do you find as best for you?

'07 Dutch Star 4023
'15 Subaru Forester Toad
A mutt named Arvee
lhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
National RV Owners Club
Just take them in on a memory card and have the ones you like the best printed. No different than a roll of film.

2000 National Tradewinds
2008 Chevy HHR Toad
Our Travel Photos- www.Lookingglassphotos.com
Texun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I send ours in via computer to Costco for prints. They do good fast work and are very reasonable. You can pick them up at the store, or they will mail the prints to you.

dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Personally, I prefer the digital pics. For safety they are stored on all of our computers and a thumb drive. On cold, dreary, Pennsylvania winter days at work I'll pull up a few and daydream of my next trip.
The Collins Family
Travis, Kim, Richard, Rebecca
2 Yorkies(Sophie and Annie)
Graniteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I use a digital camera, love it....can go through and delete photos that aren't the best, and save the ones I love....I like it better than using film, and having to pay for photos that aren't of good quality....usually go to Walgreen's and make copies of the photos I want .....
2014 Gulf Stream Conquest Lite Model 218MB
2013 Chevy Traverse LT
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to vermilye
I do a web page journal of my trips Jon & Carol's Trips. I try to add a couple of photos per day as well as campground & location information.

I also take my favorite photos and use them as my screensaver on my laptop.

I rarely make prints unless they are for someone that doesn't have a computer or if they are going to be exhibited.
vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh how glad I am that I am not paying for roll film development anymore. Last trip out West, DW took over 5000 photos. Would you like to see them???? (lol)

So, on the road I was using a laptop PC and then when I returned to the stick house I would transfer the pictures to the iMac and into iPhoto. A wonderful program. DW has an iPad, and the synchronization between the iMac/iPhoto and iPad is just great. We select what photos to syncronize and we have a wonderful picture album for traveling.

Now I have a MAC Mini that I can set up on the road. I take the external hard disk drive from the iMac with me so that the iPhoto library remains the same on each computer. While on the road I upload photos to my web page for family and friends to view.

For those special occasions when we have the grand-children's photos I can print them out in any size and frame them for display.

No more roll film for me, and if you want to purchase an older EOS-630 film camera with date-back, holler at me.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
Cards are so cheap...buy a bunch of the smaller cards and one or two digital photo frames. Swap the cards around so you get to see groups of pictures at a time, just in the background, for a week or two at at time. Don't forget to label the media cards when you take them out of the camera! Also, I download them all to my computer and back up my computer just in case!
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ
1999 American Cruiser RE2000
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
I was an avid film photographer for many years. Developed, printed, enlarged my own stuff. Eventually I no longer had time to do my own work. I found the quality of consumer film labs to be erratic, and the cost of using a pro lab was too much. Gave up for about 15 years until digital became decent.

The ability to shoot many shots, including "bracketing" exposures and using various amounts of zoom, without any direct cost is really great. Even the most basic digital photo file programs allow you to resize and crop files to make the images better.

Then they can be displayed in electronic frames, monitors, TVs, or printed.

For me it's a win-win-win.
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #10
Get a good photo printer, photoshop and a whole new world opens up!
Forest Grump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:57 AM   #11
Another advantage, in my opinion, to digital is to create a dvd slide show with music in the background and occasional voice over. Pop into the tv on a cold, snowy evening and reminisce.
garmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:08 AM   #12
Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

I have to agree 10000000000000% with all the other posters here, I am very happy with digital, and would never go back to film!!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY!!!
AL, & Mickey "The Boston"! Silver Springs, FL Camping since 1967 and RVing since 1990! A 2011 Keystone Hornet 30RKDS & 2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Delux WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLE
AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #13
I use my digital Picts as a screen saver. O just rolls through all my photos.
03 chevy tahoe and a tent for now
Eric_H_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #14
I use an Apple TV unit and stream pictures to my TV in the unit with music playing. It's a 55" display and it cycles through my favorites. If we have company over I can turn on the outside TV and share if they like.

Once you use the right tools you'll never go back to film.

KBolin is offline   Reply With Quote