Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
Here is the deal for me though. I dont NEED the federal government. Outside of the military I dont need them for anything. They provide me very very little for my hefty (I paid 85k in taxes last year) payment. So anything reduction is welcome, I really dont care what they cut.

Every two weeks i get a hefty chunk stolen from my check for programs I dont want, or need. In addition to my social security charge towards a system I also don't want. I would much rather opt out of that ponzi scheme too and continue to manage my investment myself.

I've worked very hard to be completely self sustained.
I'm guessing you only use private roads and filter all your own water
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2017, 06:14 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgrace56 View Post

Where are roads and filtered water in Article 1, section 8?
Old 12-17-2017, 08:50 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freqz View Post
Where are roads and filtered water in Article 1, section 8?
The Constitution was never designed to be selectively parsed. It was also written as a living document available for refinement and revision.
Hence the 16th Ammendment and so on.

But Article 1, Section 9, Clause 7*begins the discussion of budget responsibility.

And does that make Article 1, Section 2 good for you too? Women voting?
Old 12-18-2017, 07:26 AM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
The government which you defend has prevented me from putting a well on my property. I've tried many times and they wont allow me too..... I do have the facilities to filter water if need be. Just more government intervention into my private land that I don't want.

As for the roads, the majority of them are paid for and handled at the state level. Secondly I live in Atlanta which moved up in 2017 from the 11th worst traffic city in the world to 8th. I'm not sure you'd want to hang your hat on the "roads" stance with me. If you run a private corporation and you are in the top 10 worse in the world you go out of business because you have no customers... But government naw it just keeps getting crammed down your throat.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:34 AM   #47

it'll be interesting that see what happens. we just have to hope for the best
Old 12-18-2017, 07:41 AM   #48

Tax Law Changes

Quote:
The Constitution was never designed to be selectively parsed. It was also written as a living document available for refinement and revision.
Hence the 16th Ammendment and so on.

But Article 1, Section 9, Clause 7*begins the discussion of budget responsibility.

And does that make Article 1, Section 2 good for you too? Women voting?

Well that's why we have amendments, right?

Sigh. The federal government was never supposed to be this expansive. Wilson and FDR pretty well destroyed that...but there were a lot of bad ideas going about re:government systems at the time...
Closed Thread