Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Tell Us Where You Shop and Don't Say Walmart!

Let me start by saying, yes, we do shop at the over night stopping place called Walmart. Who doesn't?

But what I want to know is where else you shop.

Before I tell you one of my favorite places I must let you know -- I am NOT affiliated with them in any way. I don't work for them and I don't have a website with an affiliates' program with this particular shopping place. I just like and highly recommend them. Their products are good, their prices are reasonable and their customer service is great.

Another reason I can recommend them here is they have many products which are useful for folks living full or part time in RVs.

Ready?

The name is organize.com. Click the name to go to the home page. Here are a couple of things I have purchased from them which I recommend to RV owners and users.

In the left picture below you see a little blue gadget that is light weight, easy to store and easier to use. It is a Flip Fold and it makes stacks of easily folded and uniformly sized shirts, towels or whatever so much easier to store.

In the second photo to the right is an inexpensive yet priceless item we use almost daily. We first started using this tiny piece of plastic in our cars and have discovered we are lost without them. My biggest complaint about car seat straps was always the unwanted, harsh and slicing neck rub they gave me. Using these seat belt holders has made living with me bearable again for my hubby.

Well, there you have it. One of my favorite shopping places and a couple of the things they sell to make my life (and hubby's) easier.

Where do you shop and what do they sell that makes the RV lifestyle easier? Tell all!
Attached Images

BacktoRoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
We shop anywhere that has a parking lot big enough for our MH and toad. If I can't get in or fear having trouble getting out, my business goes elsewhere.

I prefer the smaller regional chains or the mom and pop stores. Those with a parking lot that wraps around the back of the building are great.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We rarely shop at Walmart. For a few reasons. Whenever Walmart comes to town, all the small businesses die. Remember when Sam Walton proudly sold made in America goods? Now it is all Chinese junk. Never worked there but they don't seem to be very nice to their employees, Google Walmart sucks. We have never stayed overnight in one of their parking lots but don't have a problem with it and if we did would feel compelled to buy from them as a thank you.

Guess that was really where we don't shop. Where we do is BJs wholesale. The price isn't always the best but since we hate shopping the bulk items are good for us. Doesn't work out as well in the RV but in the house it is stock up and quick trips for veggies and stuff.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #4

I refuse to step into wallyworld for several reasons that I won't go into here.although DW will shop there because of price and selection. I hate shopping, just go in with a list, fill it and get out for more important things like cruising rv lots.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
We rarely shop at Walmart. For a few reasons. Whenever Walmart comes to town, all the small businesses die. Remember when Sam Walton proudly sold made in America goods? Now it is all Chinese junk. Never worked there but they don't seem to be very nice to their employees, .................

ive never hear are wal mart asscociate complain more than any other stores i shop at, many small stores die because they dont want to be competitive
ie jewelry stores work on a very very high margin walmart only works on a high margin go to wally for a watch battery {you can buy a card of them in a dollar store) then go to jewelry store 8-10 bux same battery same service.when i was in the appliance bussiness i always kept my low end stuff even with Wally on my high mark up goods wally could not compete because we were offering service with the sale.
there is quality,price and value pick 2
you always get what you pay for or LESS
brianj
Old 10-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Spec's for Tito's vodka, Jose Cuerva Gold, and Dr. Swami and Bonedaddy's maragita mix
HEB for groceries
DW shops at Chico's
I shop at Fishing Tackle Unlimited, Bass Pro Shop, Home Depot, or on-line
Old 10-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #7

Super Kmart. All have huge parking lots, and since they purchased Sears they have a larger selection of "stuff".
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I try to stick with major chain grocery stores, K-Marts, and local auto parts such as autoZone. Tractor supply is another good one. Most employees in these type stores are more friendly as their job more depends on it that some of the bigger super stores.

I also don't like going in the super stores and seeing customers with buggies containing medicine, food, clothing and a car battery. Also have seen meats on shelves in other than meat aisles yuk. what do then do with those.

I mostly just shop where most convienent.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #9

I',m a little cheap or Frugal. I use a magazine to fold my shirts. Much cheaper than a "Flip Fold" and I can read it!
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We do a lot of internet shopping at Amazon.com. I like to research products before buying and Amazon has a lot of buyer's reviews, sometimes up to a hundred. Joe
Old 10-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Walmart

We have 6 super Walmart stores in my county in Florida. We save lots of money shopping there over Publix, Windixie, Kmart and target stores. The product is from the same countries in Walmart as those above just cheaper.
mikron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not anymore

For the past 10 0r 12 years we have shopped pretty exclusively at Walmart. We have found that many non food items turn out to be sub standard in quality. Some nationally advertised items turn out to be items not located elsewhere and don't have quality. We have been stung many times. I am a little suspicious of food items labeled "great value". What does that mean. Who is great value and who controls the quality. Produce quality at Walmart doesn't come close to other stores. Early we stopped purchasing produce from Walmart. Our best produce is from local farmers markets but is only available seasonally. We now do all of our shopping at Safeway and Super One. We don't have the wild variety but we trust all of our purchases. Our non food items come from department stores, automotive stores, hardware stores, or specialty stores. Our costs are higher but not much. There are two of us.
Have fun.
Milt
Old 10-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Some of Walmart's stuff is made for the lower price. We have had problems with some of the brand name appliances. We stopped buying them at Walmart and get them from other stores. A close family member worked for a small appliance maker and he says many of them are made for the price at Walmart. He claims that they are not exactly the same as the brand at other stores. All I know is that we stopped buying anything with moving parts at Walmart. Happy travels, Joe
Old 10-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
I've never stayed at a WM but may someday. I buy all, most, my oil at Wall Mart. Wife catalog shops a lot at Cabella's and LL Beans. And a lot of others I don't know about.
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rv lifestyle