Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost
I have been in New York. I want to be from New York also, as far away as I can get as a matter of fact. :P
That works for us, all of us New Yawkers.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #16

We are ready have a ton of transported Yankees here in Texas , but y'all are welcome .

Texas is the only state in the union that can succeed from the union . Texas oil production is only 2 nd to Alaska ,

Most of driving in Texas is like crossing 3 states up north

American By birth , Texan by choice
capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:07 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsfloyd View Post

Texas is the only state in the union that can succeed from the union .
That's another thing Texans are Big about.
All talk and no action.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #18
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall

That's another thing Texans are Big about.
All talk and no action.
And it's secede. Hopefully you'll succeed.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #19

The best thing about that happened to cowgirls and their million dollar stadium is when ELI ... Autographed it !!!! BOO HOO... Like I said the difference between tony romo and a five year old .... There is none .... They both whine when they are knocked down
Usnret05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usnret05 View Post
The best thing about that happened to cowgirls and their million dollar stadium is when ELI ... Autographed it !!!! BOO HOO... Like I said the difference between tony romo and a five year old .... There is none .... They both whine when they are knocked down
You talk about Romo and whining....... Eli whines like a four year old little GIRL.....
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #21

LOL why dont we just let the boys do our talking this year? I'll wager 10 lbs of good ole Tx hot air against 10 llbs of Nu Yuk's Lies ?
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #22

I just love the Texas "bigger" myth. Any trees bigger than Sequioa NP?

Waterfalls bigger than Yosemite?

Any canyons grander than this?

Any peaks like this?

Skyline bigger than this?

Oh, I forgot...............

They have the ALAMO. Woo Woo.

I will give the Lone Star boys due credit for BBQ.

Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #23

Finding parking in New York City can be notoriously difficult. But would you pay $1 million just to have your own guaranteed spot? That's the forthcoming offer in one luxury condo building that will charge $1,000,000 for an otherwise standard parking spot in its building.
The New York Post reports the parking spot will be about 12 feet wide and 23 feet long. It will be located inside an eight-story luxury condominium building at 66 E. 11th St. The $1 million parking spot is likely to be leased to the future owner of the building's "centerpiece," an 8,000-square-foot duplex penthouse.

Well shucks folks, Texas cant top that !!!!!!!!!!
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill
I just love the Texas "bigger" myth. Any trees bigger than Sequioa NP?

Waterfalls bigger than Yosemite?

Any canyons grander than this?

Any peaks like this?

Skyline bigger than this?

I will give the Lone Star boys due credit for BBQ.
That's why I started this thread. I was being charitable and giving them their due. Then I was taken to task by one that misunderstood my " congrats Texans". He thought I didn't know that the Cowboys played in Cowboy Stadium. He took the word Texans to mean that other team in Houston. You can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink unless you " brick him". ( an old camel joke "

Your examples of bigger things outside of Texas is terrific but only the tip of the iceberg. We don't want to totally deflate those " BIG " egos.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #25

Yeah Eli whinned all the way to the Super Bowl twice ..... .... But guys why can't we all just get along .... It is what it is ... NEW YORK GIANTS NFC EAST CHAMPS .... NFC CHAMPS ...... SUPER BOWL CHAMPS. Whinned with exuberantion... I would too ... .... Tell tony to put his ruby red slippers on and click three times and say theres no place like home there no place like home.... There's no place like home ....
Marc
Old 05-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post

All things being equal, I won't bash ya for the facts. In fact, I agree there are things in other areas to be proud of.

Yet, let's not denigrate the sacrifice of those men who gave their lives for the future and freedom of Texas. Unless you've walked that ground with the eyes of an Infantryman, reviewed that sand table on display of what that hallowed ground looked like back then, and come to understand that they knew they were going to die for an ideal, then you are doing nothing more than insulting entire generations - on both side of the border - who live within the shadow of that great monument.

As Texans we may be often too proud, yet IMHO we have an obligation in some respects to uphold the legends.

BTW - you could have mentioned the "Chicken Ranch" -formerly of La Grange, and most people would have thought you were talking about ZZ Top. In some circles, you'd probably get less grief.

I don't recommend you share your opinion while on the grounds of the Alamo. Especially on April 21st.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #27

4/21 my anniversary... On a history note very proud of our history .... That very brave group of men... Staring death in the eye... Absolute !! Never question part of our American history !! Sacred ground indeed..
Marc
Old 05-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
I don't recommend you share your opinion while on the grounds of the Alamo. Especially on April 21st.

In the interest of historical accuracy, April 21, 1836 was the Battle of San Jacinto. March 2, 1836 was the day Texas Independence Day. March 6, 1836 was the day the Alamo fell.

And, yes, I am a 5th generation Texan and proud of it.