Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #1

Thanks to the Moderators

I would personally like to that the moderators of this site for keeping the conversation and exchange of ideas positive. I have given up on the other sites that seem to attract people who like to complain about things made in America and Americans in general. I've come to the conclusion that some people will never be happy with anything made in America and will never understand why their retirement accounts aren't what they used to be because everything they buy is made somewhere else. I like my American Made cars and my American made motor home. Sorry if I offended anyone but I think we all need to take care of each other a little better than we are now.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am 100% red white and blue behind what you say, d. I say to those who do not like this country, "move to some other country and quit yer bitchin"

Old 09-18-2009, 06:58 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
D and Davie and dajudge,

Thanks for the flowers. We always appreciate any kind words on the site. We also appreciate constructive criticism which helps to make the site better for everyone.

One thing that make this site a success is the great members we have here.

Ken
Old 09-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Remember as we move our MFG jobs overseas we will eliminate the middle class and than we will have a 3rd world country of the Haves and the have nots.
Back in the 60's we had a group called the John Birch Sociaty who were labeled as nuts, commies and a few other things. The said to buy American. Russia said they would bury us economily, but it is China that is doing that.
BUY AMERICAN

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Let's not go political on this now...

Ken
Old 09-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post

Ken
What’s wrong with being patriotic?

I did not see anything political here yet.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post

Ken
Ticeman if my stating to buy American is political, sorry, but that's the problem, we have to be very careful with what we say because it may offend 2-3 people, but what happened to my right to free speech.
When we made the agreement with Canada and Mexico it was hoped that would keep jobs here in North America, but that's not working.
I have a hard time finding products made in Canada, Mexico or the USA, but I do find them.
Who's to blame? All of us for looking for the cheapest price instead of looking for where it comes from.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #8

I guess the theme behind my origianal post has more to do with the value of a positive attitude more than politics. My dad always told me "laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone." At first I thought he only said that to shut me up but then I saw that the business principles of Dale Carnegie, "The Power of Positive Thinking" and even in this new mystical DVD called "The Secret" all were retelling the same truth. I have met some of the friendliest people at campgrounds. When I read some of these negative posts from people who don't seem to like Americans nor their products or services I imagine getting stuck around a campfire at a rally somewhere and trying to figure out how to leave.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Just a clarification on free speech here, as it comes up from time to time.

Quote:
but what happened to my right to free speech.
iRV2's rule on free speech.

Quote:
About the First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech":
You do indeed have an absolute right to free speech. However this forum is privately owned and requires members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you cannot accept these guidelines we encourage you to contact one of the many good web hosting companies out there to and exercise that right to your heart's content.
Thanks!

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
I, too, would like to salute the volunteer Moderators here at irv2. I am an Assistant Moderator at another Forum (Metal Detecting), so have a feel for what all of you do in respect to keeping the Forum in line and running smoothly.

Ours is a much smaller forum than irv2...you folks definitely have your hands full!!!!

Thank you

Dick
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
First of all I must say I think the group of Moderators and Administrators do a great job on this web site.
Second on many of my posts I write that this site is the all about the iRV2 Family because it is such a great family site.
Third I fine it hard to believe if someone on this site posts something about the way or how someone from other site hate America so much that if we, part of the iRV2 family, say something about being proud of this great country of ours without attacking that person or persons is even considered political.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did not say it was political. But from experience, this type topic is easily turned to a political war. Being a patriot of the USA is a great thing.

Ken
Old 09-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I just want to say "Thank You!" I spend my time here because I know many of you appreciate what we Mods/Admins try to do in order for you to have a fun place to come and gather information about RVing...
Once again...Thanks!
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #14

I also moderate on another major RV forum. Not always easy to quell certain subjects, but it does help keep the peace. Keep up the good work.

Between Trips is offline   Reply With Quote