Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2004, 09:17 PM   #1

have absolutely nothing to do with the awesome television advertisement I watched the other day for the new Ford Mustang, in which Steve McQueen walks out of the corn field and drives off in a cloud of tire smoke.

Those of you who are of a similar persuasion may recall the last Ford advertisement for the Mustang GT - the car was shown blasting through corn fields past a farm house, then the power went out. That was (if I recall correctly) back in 1986ish?

Anyway, it's good to be home. God Bless Steve McQueen and a new 300 HP Mustang which the car magazines say will trounce a BMW from (believe it or not) a handling and ride standpoint. Score one for the home team!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Ghost
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2004, 09:17 PM   #2

have absolutely nothing to do with the awesome television advertisement I watched the other day for the new Ford Mustang, in which Steve McQueen walks out of the corn field and drives off in a cloud of tire smoke.

Those of you who are of a similar persuasion may recall the last Ford advertisement for the Mustang GT - the car was shown blasting through corn fields past a farm house, then the power went out. That was (if I recall correctly) back in 1986ish?

Anyway, it's good to be home. God Bless Steve McQueen and a new 300 HP Mustang which the car magazines say will trounce a BMW from (believe it or not) a handling and ride standpoint. Score one for the home team!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Ghost
Old 11-25-2004, 02:21 AM   #3

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
All that power... and the thing probably can't tow anything bigger than a pop-up. What a waste of horsepower!
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:23 AM   #4

But what a GREAT Toad it would make!

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 11:30 AM   #5

Am planning to put wife's Rav4 in the new enclosed car hauler that is due next week. But, if you twist my arm (OK that's enough), I could be convinced to take that Mustang instead, Ken Roberts, '04 DSDP, Crossville, TN...
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 04:51 PM   #6
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
The new Mustangs are great. The last thing I remember Steve driving in a cornfield was a Trans Am he couldn't drive, and it was blown up and towed back to the rental area on a flatbed in pieces. He was a bounty hunter.

The best toad is on the left of this window, only 800 + lbs . I found the ramp and we are getting closer to the MH.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:35 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kablewizard:
The new Mustangs are great. The last thing I remember Steve driving in a cornfield was a Trans Am he couldn't drive, and it was blown up and towed back to the rental area on a flatbed in pieces. He was a bounty hunter.

The best toad is on the left of this window, only 800 + lbs . I found the ramp and we are getting closer to the MH. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey - a fellow in a Monaco stopped into the resort last winter with a very trick hydraulic m/c lift attached to the rear frame. He had a big ol' Harley on it. I'm sure it could a Gold Wing, too. Said he got it in Sweden of all places! He was towing the BMW in a fully enclosed trailer behind the coach. The bike just lifted right up over the trailer hitch. Very sharp outfit.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:41 AM   #8

Ford Europe had a McQueen commercial for the then-new Focus. It showed him driving through back roads in a ZX3, then he stopped, a garage opened, & he parked it next to a Highland Green 1968 Mustang fastback.

I have to say, whoever did the imagery in that commercial was very good--I'd have sworn that McQueen actually drove the car if I didn't know he was dead.

1993 International Genesis conversion
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 08:19 AM   #9

BUT..but...but.....IT'S A ford !!!!!! Arrrggggg !!!! ... oh the shame of it.....

Don't you know you will be laughed out of town if you own a Ford ?? Don't you realize that...that.... uh oh.. I forgot

I bought a Ford last time.....

Ahemmm.... sorry,,, please continue with your discussion while I slide out the back door.. heh heh.
John Harrelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:59 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Harrelson:
BUT..but...but.....IT'S A ford !!!!!! Arrrggggg !!!! ... oh the shame of it.....

Don't you know you will be laughed out of town if you own a Ford ?? Don't you realize that...that.... uh oh.. I forgot

I bought a Ford last time.....

Ahemmm.... sorry,,, please continue with your discussion while I slide out the back door.. heh heh. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*looks at driveway*

*sees Ford truck*

No problem here.

1993 International Genesis conversion
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:12 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

*looks at driveway*

*sees Ford truck*

No problem here.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And I get to buy them on the Ford Z plan. What a deal.
Jim

SPELL CHECK By IeSpell; Its free and it works.
JimmyDee is offline   Reply With Quote