Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #155

"It's kind of embarrassing to me as a U.S. citizen that so many of my fellow citizens have written in to say the O.P. is all wet

On this I agree 100% !!!!!!!!!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #156

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
"It's kind of embarrassing to me as a U.S. citizen that so many of my fellow citizens have written in to say the O.P. is all wet

On this I agree 100% !!!!!!!!!!!
But they are lining up in support of DW!

Old 10-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #157

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
But they are lining up in support of DW!
Hello, Canadian Neighbor

Please accept my apologies on behalf of myself and my Fellow Citizens.
Isn't it ironic that we see our opportunities and accomplishments through a lens so different from that used by the rest of the world?

Thanks for the compliment anyway...

Francesca, One of The Lucky Ones

P.S.

By way of making it up to you and possibly averting War between our two Countries:
Go ahead and help yourself!

F.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #158

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
LOL actually it makes me wonder and shake my head as to how we the general public can elect politicans that do just that. But then I realize we are free to make the dumbest mistakes possible in life.
Mick, the vast majority of voters do little THINKING about who they vote for, they listen to their favorite talking head, Left or right and follow like lambs to the slaughter. The system and media has folks voting against their own financial well being, hope you can figure out why, because I can't without insulting folks intelligence.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #159

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Mick, the vast majority of voters do little THINKING about who they vote for, they listen to their favorite talking head, Left or right and follow like lambs to the slaughter. The system and media has folks voting against their own financial well being, hope you can figure out why, because I can't without insulting folks intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I think the attachment exemplifies the fact that the American Dream is alive and well if we work at it hard enough.

Rest in peace, Steve Jobs!
And thanks for proving the naysayers wrong!

Francesca
Old 10-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #160

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

Rest in peace, Steve Jobs!
And thanks for proving the naysayers wrong!

Francesca
What does quoting me have to do with your response, I don't see the connection, help me out
Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #161

Vintage RV Owners Club
Did you miss the "OFF TOPIC" smiley atop your post?
I'll show you again, this time without the Original Poster's Original Post, the Topic of which you are off of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Hope it's clearer that way!

Francesca
Old 10-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #162

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
So, you quoting him was 'Off Topic'?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #163

Vintage RV Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
So, you quoting him was 'Off Topic'?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #164

Heartland RV Club
Celebrated redistributionists discover healthy respect for private property

Occupy Wall Street protesters said yesterday that packs of brazen crooks within their ranks have been robbing their fellow demonstrators blind, making off with pricey cameras, phones and laptops — and even a hefty bundle of donated cash and food.

“Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment,” said Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.

“I had my Mac stolen — that was like $5,500. Every night, something else is gone. Last night, our entire [kitchen] budget for the day was stolen, so the first thing I had to do was . . . get the message out to our supporters that we needed food!”

Crafty cat burglars sneaked into the makeshift kitchen at Zuccotti Park overnight and swiped as much as $2,500 in donated greenbacks from right under the noses of volunteers who’d fallen asleep after a long day whipping up meals for the hundreds of hungry protesters, the volunteers said.

Who’d have thought that a crowd of people demanding the seizure of wealth from banks, corporations, and the wealthy might also have a few thieves? I’m shocked, shocked to find theft occurring in a group that has hijacked private property it refuses to leave. I can’t imagine that a crowd that demands free higher education and the forgiveness of tens of thousands in student debt would also think of someone’s Mac or an iPhone as equally as communal as a college education.

The best part of this story is that it sounds like the thieves might be creating a few proto-conservatives:
www.mudflapscampingclub.com
Old 10-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #165

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks, Jim!
Your welcome, Francesca!

and one more time at the risk of sounding like a broken record, The American Dream is about OPPORTUNITY, never ENTITLEMENT.

What you do with that opportunity, if anything, is your own business.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #166

Vintage RV Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyrver View Post
Celebrated redistributionists discover healthy respect for private property

Occupy Wall Street protesters said yesterday that packs of brazen crooks within their ranks have been robbing their fellow demonstrators blind, making off with pricey cameras, phones and laptops — and even a hefty bundle of donated cash and food.

“Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment,” said Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.

“I had my Mac stolen — that was like $5,500. Every night, something else is gone. Last night, our entire [kitchen] budget for the day was stolen, so the first thing I had to do was . . . get the message out to our supporters that we needed food!”

Crafty cat burglars sneaked into the makeshift kitchen at Zuccotti Park overnight and swiped as much as $2,500 in donated greenbacks from right under the noses of volunteers who’d fallen asleep after a long day whipping up meals for the hundreds of hungry protesters, the volunteers said.

Who’d have thought that a crowd of people demanding the seizure of wealth from banks, corporations, and the wealthy might also have a few thieves? I’m shocked, shocked to find theft occurring in a group that has hijacked private property it refuses to leave. I can’t imagine that a crowd that demands free higher education and the forgiveness of tens of thousands in student debt would also think of someone’s Mac or an iPhone as equally as communal as a college education.

The best part of this story is that it sounds like the thieves might be creating a few proto-conservatives:
Are you saying that Steve Jobs dying and Original Poster Possum posting a Eulogy for him has something to do with the above statement/events/WHATEVER?

Is something here Steve Jobs' fault?
Or maybe it's POSSUM'S fault...
I'm missing the connection here..

Francesca
Old 10-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #167

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Did you miss the "OFF TOPIC" smiley atop your post?
I'll show you again, this time without the Original Poster's Original Post, the Topic of which you are off of:

Hope it's clearer that way!

Francesca
Francesca, your repeatedly reposting the first post, does nothing to forward the thread, this is a discussion with various views, all someones opinion, you may not feel that they click with original post, but threads grow and twist as they move forward, they are after all opinions. So while Mick and my post may not tie directly to the original post, they do fit with the flow of thoughts and comments that have followed. I find it offensive that you have taken it upon yourself to declare members off topic. We have moderators that keep us within bounds. I hope you take no offense at my pointing this out.
PS that's no smiley he's frowning!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #168

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Are you saying that Steve Jobs dying and Original Poster Possum posting a Eulogy for him has something to do with the above statement/events/WHATEVER?

Is something here Steve Jobs' fault?
Or maybe it's POSSUM'S fault...
I'm missing the connection here..

Francesca
Francesca, threads grow and twist, that's how knowledge and ideas are shared. What is gained by your telling folks they are off topic?