Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #113

NO I would not hire them .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #114

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
NO I would not hire them .
Why?

Old 10-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #115

In all my years, I have quit several jobs, got fired from one or two, and NEVER ever had trouble finding another job. It may havae been less money, more work, but work was the name of life.

Now come on, if you think that someone out 99 weeks or even 27 weeks wants to work you believe in the tooth fairy. I have picked up and moved all over the u.s. to support my family.

So please , no bleeding heart tears from this worker.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #116

Vintage RV Owners Club
->->->-><-<-<-<-
Old 10-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #117

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
In all my years, I have quit several jobs, got fired from one or two, and NEVER ever had trouble finding another job. It may havae been less money, more work, but work was the name of life.

Now come on, if you think that someone out 99 weeks or even 27 weeks wants to work you believe in the tooth fairy. I have picked up and moved all over the u.s. to support my family.

So please , no bleeding heart tears from this worker.
There was always a dollar under MY pillow Mick there are lots of reasons people don't move all over the country in search of a Job, elderly parents,sick child and yes some are just unmotivated, but should that be an disqualifier for hiring them? Maybe to you, not for me, I was out of work for a year due to illness, stuff happens. I quit a job 70 miles from home so I could be close by while my Dad was in critical condition, I took a $40k cut in pay to do it. Everyone has their own issues, it's not up to us decide what is right for them. I take care of me and mine and share a bit with the less fortunate JMO
Old 10-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #118

And you think an owner should be prepared to deal with those problems that has nothing to do with him? Not me. Ill take a worker instead of an excuser.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #119

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The way the question was phrased, the only reason for hiring seemed to be out of sympathy for the applicants length of unemployment. I, being the owner of a specialty shop that requires special skills, would not consider hiring an applicant who did not posess these skills, regardless of how long he has been out of work.

Dieselclacker
Old 10-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #120

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
The way the question was phrased, the only reason for hiring seemed to be out of sympathy for the applicants length of unemployment. I, being the owner of a specialty shop that requires special skills, would not consider hiring an applicant who did not posess these skills, regardless of how long he has been out of work.

Dieselclacker
Exactly, it's the skills and interview that determines who gets the job.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #121
GPW

There are those that refuse to work ... ask most any teen to rake up a few leaves for 10 bucks ... They’ll tell you to get lost , or worse ...
Certain cultures have been receiving “assistance “ for so long , they think they are entitled to it ... I do believe in helping the Old and disabled .... but for the able bodied, who can , but refuse to work ....
Old 10-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #122

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPW View Post
There are those that refuse to work ... ask most any teen to rake up a few leaves for 10 bucks ... They’ll tell you to get lost , or worse ...
Certain cultures have been receiving “assistance “ for so long , they think they are entitled to it ... I do believe in helping the Old and disabled .... but for the able bodied, who can , but refuse to work ....
May I ask what cultures, you are referring to? Is it the American culture, perhaps the European culture, help me out on this please. wow the 122nd post on this thread, my lucky number maybe I should by a lotto ticket!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #123

Vintage RV Owners Club
Maybe he means "The AARP Culture".
Their TV ads right now are asking their "50 million"(their numbers, not mine) members to write whiny letters to their Congressmen about not reducing any Geezer Entitlements...

Francesca
Old 10-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #124

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegascouple View Post
Most of this discussion seems to center on the amount of money paid to working men and women, or the people whose jobs are now in China or Mexico. Would someone explain CEO salaries to me? The CEO of Walmart nets $35 Million. Some health insurance company CEO's make $25 Million. I'm guessing most Americans today would feel successful if they made say $50,000 a year. Are you really saying that CEO's and executives are really worth 500 devoted employees making $50,000 a year?
I'd rather pay $35 million to the CEO who is responsible for thousands of jobs, than $35 million to 1 athlete or $20 million plus to an actor for 1 movie. Why are the CEO's the bad guys and the athlete, actor or people like Oprah not? I have no problem with any of them making as much money as the market will bear.

I would rather be paid by what I produce than the same hourly rate as everyone else around me.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #125

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Maybe he means "The AARP Culture".
Their TV ads right now are asking their "50 million"(their numbers, not mine) members to write whiny letters to their Congressmen about not reducing any Geezer Entitlements...

Francesca
I worked all my life and paid into SS and Medicare. What "entitlements" are you talking about? I don't belong to AARP and never will.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #126

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I worked all my life and paid into SS and Medicare. What "entitlements" are you talking about? I don't belong to AARP and never will.

Ditto Wayne,

Dieselclacker