Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
The American Parasite

I know this is a very blatant commercial and rather long but once you separate the wheat from the chaff there is a lot of interesting and valid very real information presented.

The America Parasite
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #2

I agree that the first part makes since. But, after awhile they go off on some strange thing and I shut it off. But, once again the first part is worth watching. Nothing new there though. I've know it for some time.
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman CBB View Post
I agree that the first part makes since. But, after awhile they go off on some strange thing and I shut it off. But, once again the first part is worth watching. Nothing new there though. I've know it for some time.
You are a lucky one then as most people have no idea of the damage we are doing by buying and consuming some of the stuff we do buy and consume. I have just made an appointment to visit with a friend for an hour or so tomorrow about what types of products I have to buy in order to reconfigure my digestive tract.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:06 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Moderation is key. Not all fats are bad ... but again... moderation even with the 'good' fats is important. Sugar is in the good fruits we are supposed to eat for the vitamins and phytonutrients...( remember to eat a rainbow every day)and probably are best consumed as a whole fruit with all it's fiber etc... again, moderation.

Not saying they are bad or anything, because I don't know... but I have seen many 'commercials' for various health stuffs done by the same group.

I have quit listening to all the hype and started to listen to my body... slowly it is telling me what it needs to return to health after cancer in '06 if I will slow down and take the time to listen to it.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:56 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well 45 we do agree but I am in investigation mode on the claims above. A nutritionist we know is on side with most of the claims but she is also of the 'in moderation' regime. basically the "if its white its bad" claims are not that truthful.

Like I always say to the RVM's "Round is a shape." it just that I am tired of being round.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #6

So tell the Native Alaskans about the fat problem. Saying that is just too simplistic, as in Fat/Sugar/Coffee/Salt, and a host of other things. Me thinks all these studies are just a way to get money from the Government for the study, which in turn supplies not only the study, but a livelihood.

The real reason for most health problems is that we, as a nation, got away from the land, and into offices! Simple Huh?

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post
So tell the Native Alaskans about the fat problem. Saying that is just too simplistic, as in Fat/Sugar/Coffee/Salt, and a host of other things. Me thinks all these studies are just a way to get money from the Government for the study, which in turn supplies not only the study, but a livelihood.

The real reason for most health problems is that we, as a nation, got away from the land, and into offices! Simple Huh?

Ed
It could be true Ed but what of the people from my family heritage. North Western Italy and South Eastern France? They eat a common diet that is composed of mostly 'bad' foods but they on the whole are a lot more healthy than we are all the time. Albeit their 'bad' fats etc are all natural and not processed fats as ours are at present. Thanks for your comments because I like examining stuff purported to be facts.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I can not believe I sat here and listened to that paid advertisement as long as I did...

That said. SOME of what he says is true.. This I know.. The rest.. Well the rest is beyond my field of expertise.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE=Possum;1867840] basically the "if its white its bad" claims are not that truthful. QUOTE]

A few years ago Thom hit high score with 713 for his triglycerides. Time for some meds and back on some of the herbs/meds that he had stopped taking and some changes in diet. Skip ahead to the next year and his numbers were back down to a more manageable level but now his sugar started to go up. Thom was like "What? I am eating more fruits and veggies and cut out a lot of things" The doctor asked which fruits and veggies he was eating and found he was eating more 'white' ones. The doc had him try to not eat white fruits and veggies. Skip ahead another year and his sugar went back down and it's now stayed down since he's cut white ones down/out.
White is not bad but too much can cause your sugar to go up since the white ones do have more natural sugar in them. That means no more apples, bananas, potatoes, etc for Thom.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are many things that can make your sugar climb.. Much is hidden.

But one thing we all need to know about is HFCS (high Fructose Corn Syrup). This is a low cost alternative to cane or beet sugar used by many food manufacturer/processors to replace sugar.

Many studies have found a major differnece between Cane/Beet sugar and HFCS.. If you make a product with real Cane/beet sugar and a customer consumes a serving he gets up with a 'Man did that hit the spot" Feeling of satisfaction. And thus stops eating.

But if you make it with HFCS, he gets all the sugar, all the calories, but none of the satisfaction, So he goes back for MORE.

This makes it a double win for the company,,, Not only does it cost less, but it encourages increased consumption. .AND it's a win for the weight loss subsidiary of the food company cause.. They get more customers.

HFCS should be banned.