Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #1

The Curve

Realising many of us have worked our buns off to get into our RV's and the life style that goes with it. Not surprising many of us now in our sixtys and older have our aches and pains. For me its stiff knees with pain.
Been hearing about this thing on TV called the "curve". Lots of claims for it theraputic benifits. Anybody here ever use one or know someone who has?
Waddaya think? Worth a shot? Comments please.
mr mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2015, 09:17 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
If it's advertised on TV, then it's snake oil... JMHO.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:16 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKent View Post
If it's advertised on TV, then it's snake oil... JMHO.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:17 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
So much for, "Truth in Advertising." Yep if it's one of those INFOmercials it's bogus.

Over my 71 years of life (so far), I've had a lot of pain and issues. Sometimes I grabbed for the pain pills. Sometimes I used heat or cold. Sometimes I just did nothing but rested. Many, many times if some but not all are allowed to run their course the body will often fix itself. That's exactly why some of these Snake oil cures still sell. All it takes is a few to be "cured???" and others believe they work. In all reality most often what ever ailed them would have fixed itself anyway given time/rest and common sense.

TeJay
Old 07-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #5

I have no idea what "the Curve" is, but if it's a TENS unit, then it may be great for some of your ailments. The little "ICYHOT" thing that Shaq pushes is an example. Check Amazon for TENS.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:49 PM   #6

The Curve is about $600. I looked at the product reviews once and it did not seem to perform as advertised.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:33 PM   #7

"Google reviews" for it
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
I have no idea what "the Curve" is, but if it's a TENS unit, then it may be great for some of your ailments. The little "ICYHOT" thing that Shaq pushes is an example. Check Amazon for TENS.
Tom
TLGPE
That would be this device https://willowcurve.com/?gclid=CPWClqK75cYCFQUMaQodxnMPWg
Which looks like a re-purposed "miracle" hair re-storing device, (without the earphones): IGrow Laser Hair Growth System - Regrow hair with igrow

But it could be an expensive LED tail light that didn't sell well.

See https://www.google.com/search?q=usel...FYouiAod2aAGgA for more USELESS medical devices.

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #9

iRV2 No Limits Club
If you want to spend $599.99 plus shipping and handling for a machine that has flashing lights-------go for it.

Cure is in your mind only. If you believe it works, the it does.

In ten years this will join the large collection of quackery machines.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
I for sure don't believe the curve works. Now as to heat and cold they do work if applied in the correctly in the appropriate injury situation.

Bleeding caused by any injury internally should be minimized to prevent swelling. 15 minutes on then 45 minutes off. If you keep it on longer than 15 minutes the body naturally increases the blood flow to prevent further damage due to loss of blood. After the swelling is under control then heat.

I learned this in soccer (coach) training: RICE Rest, Ice, Compression, & Elevation. It works. It's even used by football trainers these day.

For many years (even back in the mid 80's) football coaches didn't believe you even needed water during work outs. We also lost a lot of young players as a result. You were considered a looser if you asked for a water break.

TeJay
Old 07-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #11

From reviews I have read it seems to be a high tech heating pad. Save a lot of $$$$$ and go buy yourself a heating pad.
Greatscot is offline   Reply With Quote