Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #15

It always amazes me how dogs are one of the few animals that will bond and give their whole existence to man. They just want to hang out with you, or go for errands with you, go for a walk with you, or even go for an afternoon snooze with you (even if they are not tired) and don't ask for anything in return.

They are always so happy to see you, no matter what time of night, even if you arrive tired & dirty, they just jump with joy. It can make any bad day seem better.

In reference to that photo, you can see that the dog is in the "best place in the whole world", he is in his masters arms, the best safest place to "grab some good deep sleep".

Thanks for sharing that touching photo... it makes me realize that it's not the material things that are important..
imorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
X2 what Imorton said I can't make a move with out my dog right on my heels. Truly mans best friend. I saw a bumper sticker that read the more people I meet the more I like my dog!
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #17

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
PS: so far the people I met on this forum are not included in that bumper sticker
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #18

Last summer in Maine we were leaving a Walmart when we saw a young lady sitting on the island with a backpack and her dog. We stopped as we had just bought some dog food and gave her a few cans for the pup and $10 for herself. It's a shame that we just can't be that compassionate to a person down on their luck all the time, as was said "There but for the Grace of God go I".
henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #19

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
this is such a touching picture of the love of a homeless man and his dog. it is obvious they both love each other... my husband is always getting after me for giving to people i come upon that look needy, i'm sure some are hustlers, boy would i love to live near this man, i would certainly reach out to help him. people who love animals are usually the best kind of person, who know this may be a service person who has ended up on the streets.
Some are hustlers? More like many. I worked for a convenience store chain at two different stores and got to know a large number of homeless people. While many were hustlers who made more money begging than working, most were people who screwed up their lives by drinking, doing drugs, committing crimes that made them unemployable once they got out of prison, etc. We had a huge problem with theft, not all of it alcohol, and with panhandlers driving away customers with their panhandling (you wouldn't believe the stories and stunts they used). At the first store I worked, I had to call the police almost every night to tresspass warn or arrest at least one panhandler, usually after a customer complaint (I was required to do that by company policy although, unless I had caught them trying to steal, I always gave them a warning before calling the gendarmes).

The sad ones were the homeless vets with post traumatic stress syndrome. While it may seem their being on the streets due to a drug or alcohol addiction is a failing of the government to care of those who served that government, the fact is there are free programs available to help those people if they want help (this also includes non-vets). The saddest part of the story is they do not want the help. It is much easier for them to panhandle than it is to face up to their problems, get a job, and contribute to society. Even with the recent cuts in AZ's equivalent to Medicaid, they still can get better medical care for free than I can get with the insurance I have.

I may be coming off hard hearted but giving handouts to the homeless is NOT helping them; it's enabling them to continue in the state they are wallowing in. As long as they receive handouts (most of which goes toward supporting their addictions) from well meaning people, they will have little incentive to want to get the help (which is available) they really need.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Well am I typing this message through misty eyes (honest to God) because I am so touched by your photo of that man and his "best friend". As the owner of 4 dogs, (3 of them rescued dogs), I know just how much love and comfort these creatures give to me and I can only imagine how much comfort the poor man in the pic is receiving.
God Bless them both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
The dog does not know he is 'homeless'.........

No wonder they say "Man's BEST FRIEND."
This is such an interesting picture- This man
may be alone and have nothing-BUT he has
some form of companionship. And its just enough....
to keep going for tomorrow.
What a beautiful picture and wonderful thought.

A dog has a never ending love for us humans.

Attachment 18607
Old 03-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
The bond between this man and his dog brings to mind the quote attributed to Will Rogers: If dogs don't go to heaven, then I want to go where they went.

Only a devoted dog owner could understand this....

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to frederick w
That poor man would think I'm rich if I pulled up in my entry level MH.
Yes, many of us are blessed.
I pray for the down and outers every day.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Cliff, A great picture showing a dogs love. Very empty without them. Lost my little girl this week.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:07 AM   #24
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce C
Thanks Cliff, A great picture showing a dogs love. Very empty without them. Lost my little girl this week.
So sorry to hear of your loss. Our little Buddy is almost 13 and is beginning to fail. His hearing is almost gone, Vet thinks he has a tumor behind his eye and has stage one Kidney Failure. He does look cute in diapers. We will keep him as comfortable as we can until as the Vet put it " the time comes when you ask yourself if you would want to live like that". We will not let him live with out dignity or in pain.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #25

I would like to e-mail that picture to a friend.What sight would I go to for original? Thanks
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #26
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greezykid
I would like to e-mail that picture to a friend.What sight would I go to for original? Thanks
It was emailed to me. You can email it from here.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #27

How do I just e-mail picture alone? thanks
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #28
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greezykid
How do I just e-mail picture alone? thanks
Sorry, I don't know. Maybe someone else will jump in and answer that for you.