Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #127

Vintage RV Owners Club
So I was heading out to go to a client's to let their dogs out. Saw a fella with a pretty hefty back pack trying to hitch a ride. I thought, well, I don't have time right now, but if he is still out there on my way back, I'll see if I can give him a lift to at least Ottawa (30 miles down the road he was on). I was with the dogs for about 1/2 hour- 45 minutes. I didn't see him and thought, oh, good, I bet he got a ride because I thought he would be further down the road by then. Turns out he wasn't far from where I saw him. So I turned around and gave him a ride. He had no gloves, and was pretty cold as he wasn't dressed for the cold weather that popped in on us last night. So I asked him where he was headed and said I can go as far as Ottawa, and he said, I need to go to the Wal Mart in Ottawa. Turns out, he is actually headed south to warmer weather, but he is from the Great Lakes area. Asked him if he's had anything to eat yet today, and he asked if I knew where there was a cafe at in the town, I pulled open the glove compartment and handed him a ziplock bag I keep in there with a juice box, granola bar, packet of almonds and box of raisins. He snarfed it down, pretty sure he hadn't eaten yesterday either. So I took him to the WalMart he wanted to go to and gave him general directions to the cafe he was going to go to next. I was nervous when I stopped to pick him up, but soon was calm and tried not to pry too much into his business...LOL... You know how nosy women can be... and wished him well on his journey. Say a prayer for Cade.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2015, 07:10 PM   #128
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I found this on FaceBook.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	108
Size:	372.4 KB
ID:	112762  
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:47 AM   #129

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I saw that Les and it was a great thing to do. Sure made a difference for that lady.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #130

Newmar Owners Club
Super story. I'm sure she was speechless when the bank told her. All of those who were involved will be a little happier this Christmas as they should be. Bless you all.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:04 PM   #131

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The department I work for has decided to ADOPT 5 children through the Christmas Santa program in our area.

Kids are nominated by teachers at their school. Parents cannot be on welfare but must be working and trying to support themselves and their children. They qualify for welfare but choose to work.

The kid puts on a form what they want. The parent puts what they need on the form and sizes for clothing.

All five of our kids needed coats, hats, gloves. We bought these for each one. One boy (I got to shop for him) also needed underwear, socks, shirts, pants, shoes, and boots. He wanted a bike, football, basketball, soldiers, dinosaurs. I bought all of it.

Three other gals are buying for the other four kids. Our department raised over $1,100. to purchase these items. More money is expected to come in. $100 was spent on toys for each child. $50 to $75 to purchase coats, hats, and gloves. The rest of the money will be in gift cards to allow Mom to buy what she needs or food or whatever she decides.

This is the 7th year we have done this and I sure do love this program. It is done all over our city. The first year there were 53 children in need. This year there are over 2500.

The great part about this is the fun we have shopping for these kids and knowing that on Christmas morning not only the child but the Mom and or Dad will also be happy knowing their child has received these blessings.

Merry Christmas to everyone out there. Find someone in need and make a difference. Can just be a simple act of kindness but do something kind.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:56 PM   #132
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
What a great way to make someone's Christmas Lynne!
And to make your own!

This year, in lieu of Corporate gifts, our company donated $1600 to 5 local Salvation Army Food Banks. Truly a more worthy use of funds in my minds eye!
Old 12-08-2015, 07:30 AM   #133
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Cudo's for Slemnah!

I was following a thread where one of our members reached out and helped someone in need. Actually drove to the troubled RVr's site and crawled around in grease and dirt to help diagnose the problem. Slemnah took a lot of flack from the "peanut gallery" but saw an opportunity to help a fellow RV'r in need, used his knowledge and diagnosed the problem for them. He deserves a spot here as much as any.

Congratulations Slemnah (Steve) for going out of your way to help!
Below is an exerpt from the thread:

EMERGENCY! 1999 Monaco Diplomat Near-Total Loss of Power

Let's see, I drove out to his motorhome on my time, I spent more than an hour checking everything out, I gave the OP my "professional" opinion, I didn't charge him a cent, refused his offer of payment, asked him to "pay it forward" when he could, wrote in detail the steps of my diagnostics and was slightly embarrassed by his effusive praise and for all of that you tell me that of course I will be challenged by people that may or may not have any experience with either turbos or Diesel engines. Really?

The good news is that I believe in helping others and will continue to do so even if I get criticized for doing it. I hope the OP is able to get back on the road quickly and as cheaply as possible. They are nice people.

Cudo's to you Steve!
Old 12-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #134

Thank you Dogpatch
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:24 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
The department I work for has decided to ADOPT 5 children through the Christmas Santa program in our area.

Lynne
We have a couple of extra bucks that would be very happy to contribute to that cause. It's good people like you and your peers that keeps America great.

If you would, let us know how to contribute via PP or otherwise.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #136

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
My wife and I have for quite a few years visited a local K-mart and done the Secret Santa thing. We ask at the layaway counter if they know of any particular case that's really deserving. We insist on just kids stuff,toys clothes etc, no big screen TV's and the like. We give them a figure that we're comfortable with and between us select one or 2. We pay it off knowing that after we've left a deserving family will get a phone call telling them their layaway has been paid.
Hopefully it makes a difference and take a little pressure off.
Our daughters watched us do this over the years and now they're adults on their own continue our little Christmas tradition.

Barry and Pat, RVM114
I just returned from Wall-Mart where I paid $50.00 on four lay-a-way accounts. I thought it was going to be a problem but they have a "good samariton" payment plan, all they wanted to know the first letter of the last name on the account that I wanted to pay. They also were able to see what had been purchased on that ticket, we looked at six tickets before the four were selected. I was not privey to the account names but I didn't want to know anyway.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #137
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
We have a couple of extra bucks that would be very happy to contribute to that cause. It's good people like you and your peers that keeps America great.

If you would, let us know how to contribute via PP or otherwise.

Merry Christmas
Very Kind of you Rick and Sandy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
I just returned from Wall-Mart where I paid $50.00 on four lay-a-way accounts. I thought it was going to be a problem but they have a "good samariton" payment plan, all they wanted to know the first letter of the last name on the account that I wanted to pay. They also were able to see what had been purchased on that ticket, we looked at six tickets before the four were selected. I was not privey to the account names but I didn't want to know anyway.
It's always nice to hear of people's anonymous ways of giving. Very nice Bob!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:14 PM   #138

The "FEEL GOOD" Thread

Yesterday Merna and I went out for breakfast at "Peg's Glorified Ham and Eggs." At the end of our meal the server let us know that someone had anonymously paid for our meal. i wish I knew who to thank!

This is the second time in the last several months. The other time I was wearing an Air Force hat and thought it was because of my service. This time it was more of a surprise.

We will pass it on.

Thanks whoever you are!

RussT
Old 01-14-2016, 03:55 PM   #139

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
So cool when you get to guess who the benevolent giver was; isn't it?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #140
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo Driver View Post
Yesterday Merna and I went out for breakfast at "Peg's Glorified Ham and Eggs." At the end of our meal the server let us know that someone had anonymously paid for our meal. i wish I knew who to thank!

This is the second time in the last several months. The other time I was wearing an Air Force hat and thought it was because of my service. This time it was more of a surprise.

We will pass it on.

Thanks whoever you are!

RussT
It was likely someone's way of paying it forward for something they received!