Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The Great NorthEast "Frankenstorm" .....

I certainly want to be on record as saying that my thoughts and heart are going out to over 65,000,000 people located in the path of this quite possibly a once in a generation storm. Hurricane Sandy's 90 turn and West path toward the New Jersey ("vicinity") Coast allegedly will be devastating.

The danger will not lie in the wind and rain but the tidal surge. Already the surge heights on Cape Hatteras and north is greater than Isabelle from last year. The millibar ratings this morning have been seen as below 953 which would mirror Isabel or some of the worst hurricanes ever.

Keep all those folks in your prayers, I hope that all the 1st responders and safety officials stay safe and please stay home OR evacuate on demand to a safe place.

I have already read a street closure notice from our former town in Connecticut. When I was working there, all the streets listed were the same once that I saw before and flooded. No change.

Please take these warnings seriously and please stay safe.

At this time the storm is making its way to the northeast and has not made its turn west.

03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We've lived where we currently call home for almost 28 years.
About 1/4 mile away from Lake Erie in N/E Ohio....
This is the first time we've been warned of possible lake flooding from rising Lake Erie waters and a "storm surge"....
This is gonna be a bad one for sure.
I never dreamed we would see this type of event from Lake Erie.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
Best wishes to all in the path of this storm... Living in "Tornado Alley ", please don't take this for granted... At least these storms give you a few days warning...
Monkey, pilot of a Great Dane hauler,
2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax/Alison 4x4 CrewCab 2016 Cougar 28SGS
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
We thought we moved out of hurricane country when we moved to MA from NC, we went thru Fran and Floyd there, the damn hurricanes followed us up here!

We're ready though, went around the neighborhood and cleaned out the storm drains, got the portable generator working and gas cans filled, filled the RV with water and will move it in the AM to a sheltered area by where I work for the worst of the storm, (too many trees over it's parking place by the house).
Stewart, Brenda and kids
2008 Newmar Canyon Star 3410
Luv2go is online now   Reply With Quote