Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #127

Fleetwood Owners Club
Finished eight, very respectable especially at Daytona. Nuff' said!

Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #128
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Top 10 most if the race. She didn't hide out in the back waiting for the final few laps.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #129

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Finished eight, very respectable especially at Daytona. Nuff' said!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #130

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Top 10 most if the race. She didn't hide out in the back waiting for the final few laps. Cliff
That's why I am kind of waiting to see if this was a fluke or if she does have the talent and just needs to develop more nerve. When I drove stocks, (small local tracks) my car had more horses than I had nerve. Over the course of the couple of years I drove I went from terrible to almost competent. I knew when to call it a season.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Top 10 most if the race. She didn't hide out in the back waiting for the final few laps.
Cliff
So.. JJ Yeley came in 10th. He's lucky to even finish a race. BTW, I grew up with his dad.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
That's why I am kind of waiting to see if this was a fluke or if she does have the talent and just needs to develop more nerve. When I drove stocks, (small local tracks) my car had more horses than I had nerve. Over the course of the couple of years I drove I went from terrible to almost competent. I knew when to call it a season.
I was not surprised to hear she was afraid to race at the end. Made no attempt to get to the front. Afraid she'd get freight trained? Right!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #133

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
firedoc, have you ever driven in a NASCAR race taking those curves at Daytona at 200 mph?

Neither have I. So, I really don't think it is right to judge someone unless you have done the same thing.

Jerry
jdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #134
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
I'm a short track fan and see more and more women racing locally. They face all sorts of challenges from there only being one facility for driver to loads of gender based taunts from fans. That they tough it out and often win is heartening.

I'm on the fence about Danica Patrick as a driver but I have to say that today's traditional "gentlemen start your engines" or "drivers start your engines" was just downright insulting. I'm hoping that James Franco just goofed today when he blasted out "drivers and Danica start your engines". She's a driver just like every other racer sitting in a car at the start of the day and to set her apart in this manner diminishes her efforts imo.
James Franco Insults Danica Daytona 500 - YouTube

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #135

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Too many commercial interruptions to enjoy the race. IMHO lousy coverage of the actual race by FOX. And I agree with above opinions, there were a couple of caution flags, that were not clearly called for or explained. Caution flags can definitely be advantageous to racers who have fallen behind, and its my belief that NASCAR uses them to orchestrate races more and more frequently.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #136

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
She did a good job today. I am not her fan.
She is the Tiger Woods of NASCAR. If Tiger is 15th or 21st he gets camera time. If D.P. is still on the track she gets camera time. After J.J. interview in victory lane who was the next interview. Why the 8th place driver, of course.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #137

Workhorse Chassis Owner
[QUOTE=Janet H;1475337]I'm a short track fan and see more and more women racing locally. They face all sorts of challenges from there only being one facility for driver to loads of gender based taunts from fans. That they tough it out and often win is heartening.

I'm on the fence about Danica Patrick as a driver but I have to say that today's traditional "gentlemen start your engines" or "drivers start your engines" was just downright insulting. I'm hoping that James Franco just goofed today when he blasted out "drivers and Danica start your engines". She's a driver just like every other...................

I don't believe he goofed on the engine start command, its all just a part of the DANICA hype.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post
I'm betting she will never be in the front row for the start of the 500. She will do her "norm" and pile her car up in the 150s....which will put her behind the field for the start of the 500.

To phrase her success using her favorite word she uses during interviews....."Ummmmm"
OOPS!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #139

Monaco Owners Club
Almost as fun as reading the WalMart posts... But to the OP..."enough Danica"...how about the years of Jr...will he ever win another one, even if he pits in the right box??
Twomed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Too many commercial interruptions to enjoy the race. IMHO lousy coverage of the actual race by FOX.
I wonder if commercials cost more per minute this year because of her.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote