Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #155

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As a World of Outlaws fan I care less. Now for those "Antis" out there, a female kicker will be trying out for the NFL.

The times are changing gotta stay loose.

Don G.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #156

As NASCAR attendance and TV ratings have been down for a while, Danica accomplished what NASCAR wanted her to do. I saw today that the TV ratings were up 30% over last year and this year's Daytona 500 had the highest TV ratings since 2006.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #157

The TV lawyer has gotten some of the injured fans signed up and will be doing what he can to ruin the sport. He will sue everybody he can think of and that will be a big deal for the sport. This guy's firm is brutal and folks are afraid of his methods. He is the one who got the veterans absentee ballots thrown out in the Bush/Gore 2000 becasue they had no postal stamp cancellation (from oversea military bases) even though they arrived prior to election and obviously had been mailed prior to the election. I believe the recession has hit NASCAR and it's owners very hard and these lawsuits are going to be a big blow. I think it is going to be hard to prove who did what that caused the crash and a lot of teams will be sued. Sad to see.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #158

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good grief...

I s'pose when the Viewing Public gets tired of the exotic presence of an actual Female Woman behind the wheel of an overengineered Toy, sponsors will have to look elsewhere for better ratings.

Stay tuned...

Next up: A trained ape!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #159

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Good grief...
I s'pose when the Viewing Public gets tired of the exotic presence of an actual Female Woman behind the wheel of an overengineered Toy, sponsors will have to look elsewhere for better ratings.
As opposed to the non-female non-woman operators?

Seems like she did well being totally on her own, didn't see anyone (other than a great pit crew) helping her out and someone on her team could have discussed how to actually win the thing from third place in that last turn.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #160

This isn't NASCAR'S first BBQ and I'm sure they have enough representation to tackle any suit against them. If you read the back of your ticket it pretty much warns you of all the dangers and you are at your own risk, they have been putting that on tickets for Sporting Events , Concerts , Etc for years.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #161

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I was at a gathering of a large international group and the topic of disclaimers or waivers came up. A litigation lawyer claimed that if you put out a disclaimer or get waivers signed you are actually working for the plaintiffs lawyer. By putting this out there he claimed you are allowing that there is an inherent danger and thereby incriminating yourself. YMMV.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #162

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
The TV lawyer has gotten some of the injured fans signed up and will be doing what he can to ruin the sport. He will sue everybody he can think of and that will be a big deal for the sport. This guy's firm is brutal and folks are afraid of his methods. He is the one who got the veterans absentee ballots thrown out in the Bush/Gore 2000 becasue they had no postal stamp cancellation (from oversea military bases) even though they arrived prior to election and obviously had been mailed prior to the election. I believe the recession has hit NASCAR and it's owners very hard and these lawsuits are going to be a big blow. I think it is going to be hard to prove who did what that caused the crash and a lot of teams will be sued. Sad to see.
Excellent job of linking so many disparate topics . . .
- Lawyers
- Veterans
- NASCAR
- Bush/Gore election
- recession

Now if you can add the Grassy Knoll and Elvis, you'll have it all covered.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #163

Thank you, but you forgot to mention that they are all true and relevant to the accident. I assumed most would understand, but if you wish, PM me and I will explain whichever one you don't get. No sense in bothering everybody with them.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #164

It's all about money and nothing else. NASCAR has been loosing interest for years and they will do anything to get it back. It wouldn't suprise a bit to find out that a lot of the racing and outcomes are rigged. Didn't some 18 year old kid win Daytona last year? I mean, come on, how tough can it be?

Cheers,

George
Old 02-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #165

Winnebago Owners Club
After watching the last lap too many times I conclude:

She never went for the win.

She did not push anybody else to the win and she could have.

I doubt anybody will ever push her for the win (see above) unless it's tubby tony.

She had the winning car.

Kerry
Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Thank you, but you forgot to mention that they are all true and relevant to the accident. I assumed most would understand, but if you wish, PM me and I will explain whichever one you don't get. No sense in bothering everybody with them.
Oh, I get it.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #167
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
After watching the last lap too many times I conclude:

She never went for the win.

She did not push anybody else to the win and she could have.

I doubt anybody will ever push her for the win (see above) unless it's tubby tony.

She had the winning car.
While I applaud her for keeping her car in one piece and running toward the front for almost all of the race, I couldn't understand why her spotter didn't tell her about the freight train that was coming up the inside line in time for her to drop down and get pushed to the front. One of those things that make you go hmmmmm, I guess.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #168

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I wonder did they want to be a one hit wonder (ie win this year) or stay close to the lead and then push for the win next year. If I were a conspiracy theorist I would opine that they (NASCAR) were going for a two year rating increase.

My wife queried why I was watching the race as she had never known me to watch auto racing and when I answered I was looking for something other than the racing she thought I was nuts to waste the three or so hours almost paying attention to the screen.

I guess I will have to wait until next year to see the next installment of how the NASCAR spins.