Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #85

well, she didn't pile it up as I assumed she would....I was incorrect on that thinking(even though it was based on her past performances)....Will prove interesting in Sunday for sure!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #86

She'll either get Busch'd or Jaun Pablo'd out of the race.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDiemen23 View Post

And just what product from any of the big manufacturers would be capable of this? You'd be limited to trucks @ about 400 hp because the gearbox is the weak point.

your races would hardly go 300 miles, if that.

there's a reason they evolved into tube frame cars made of specialty parts (with many of those designs having roots in the 60's)
They could still run the race engines and transmissions just remove the restrictor plates. Then is a matter of what the tires can handle.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #88
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
What a fascinating concept. Drivers actually driving instead of just holding the gas pedal to the floor 100% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatlakes View Post
They could still run the race engines and transmissions just remove the restrictor plates. Then is a matter of what the tires can handle.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
What a fascinating concept. Drivers actually driving instead of just holding the gas pedal to the floor 100% of the time.
Maybe some should go to a driving school and see how easy it would be to hold it to the floor.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #90

I used to race and holding it to the floor its easier than having to have just the right speed heading into a corner. Todays NASCAR has become more about teaming up with other drivers and strategy than about driving and building a fast car. Some of the advantages of racing is that constant pursuit to get more power and innovation comes from that. But when your hands are tied to make things more equal then you take that away.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #91

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Maybe some should go to a driving school and see how easy it would be to hold it to the floor.
A Canadian TV sports reporter did just that and left anything but a fan of motorsport racing. I guess the guy was a natural. Happened at one of the NASCAR high speed schools in California. May be available as a Youtube thing. I can't even remember which of our networks he worked for, may have even been a cable network.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #92

Forest River Owners Club
It's funny how we can take a run of the mill driver like Dale Jr. and make him the most popular driver after his daddy's death. Dale couldn't win a race if he was the only one on the track, he has a hard enough time just finishing. Montoya comes from IRL with big expectations and finds out how hard the transition really is and hasn't done anything to speak of. Dana gets beat up in IRL due to the weight advantage. Don't you think the G-Forces effect her small body even more than the big boys? Now she's at Nascar and she runs the fastest lap for the pole and it was all due to the car and engine builders? Who drove that car? Yes she has a long way to go to be a competitor in a full pack of "wolves", I mean other drivers, but give her some credit. Even the person that comes in last is there because they are one of the best drivers out there. If she brings some money and fans with her, more power to her.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
It's funny how we can take a run of the mill driver like Dale Jr. and make him the most popular driver after his daddy's death.
I've posted that several times in this thread. What if Petty's, Waltrip's, {Insert Name's} dad had died racing? Would they be treated the same way?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #94

Dunner, this is a Danica thread...maybe start another thread to achieve your answer?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #95

QUOTE=sc3283

Quote:
Dunner, this is a Danica thread...maybe start another thread to achieve your answer?
Like... I'm the only one who didn't include the word Danica in their post?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #96

Like I said NASCAR can make a winner out of whoever they want: I think they have their hands full here
Old 02-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #97

Danica is going to lead the field to the green flag Sunday for the Daytona 500 and from there it's anybody's race . She has the same chance as anybody. I'll be watching as I have for many years , do I agree with everything NASCAR does ..... Mmmm.. No but I still enjoying watching and don't worry about what I can't control. Yes it has changed lots since I first stated watching in the mid 60's but its still racing to me.
#Hendrick Motorsports. #Chevrolet
Old 02-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #98

Hey, she's cute and she is the goDaddy girl. Have you seen the empty seats at the races lately? There are whole sections empty. Give the girl a break. She can kick some butt, if necessary.