Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray32539 View Post
Too bad the oasis is drying up. As has been stated in this thread, the new owners of Flying J seem to have a policy of if you have less than eighteen wheels, you business is not wanted.

Even though the website says the RV Real Value card is still valid, not a single Flying J between Florida and Texas would give me the discount for fuel, the Flying J on I-10 west of Houston even telling me that the RV card was no longer valid, and giving me a trucker's Frequent Fueler card in its place.

The Denny's restaurants are vast improvements over the Country Market buffets, though.
I used my RV Card at the Flying J in Effingham,Ill last week and they gave me the discount...

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Time View Post
Maybe Bosselman's in Grand Island?
That's a great stop. They have a really nice "store" for RV goodies like LED taillights. Dick
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #17

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How do you use the card? I picked one up the other week while traveling I-95. I normally insert it first then the credit card and I will get the "see cashier", so I just cancel the transaction and don't swipe.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
20 cents a gallon overcharge and 3 cents a gallon rebate, SWEET !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #19

Bookman52- Iowa 80 is RV friendly. I stop in quite often. Excellent place for led lights plus other must have(?) items plus decent food, Seperate parking for RV if don't want to park among a thousand big trucks
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #20

I was wrong when I said it was a Pilot at Paige Ave. in Tulare. It's a Love's. Still over priced.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #21
a k

Newmar Owners Club
I was driving down from Newmar factory and went around Indianapolis and pulled into a flying J and waited 45 minutes for the line to get thru to the pumps and then called in to tell them I'd pay cash and you have to go inside and prepay. Went inside and had 2 lines with about ten people waiting to pay. Left there and drove south and filled up at a corner station in Indiana for $.20 cents cheaper.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #22

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
If Flying J got the cheaper fuel I will stop. Lately I been finding them to be higher, so I move on.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote