Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Many of us have been through the loss of our furry kids. Some of us more often than we care to speak. Each one is hard. We all know that it is probable we will have to make this hard decision yet when the time comes it really hurts. It just hurts hearing other's stories and knowing I will have at least 2 more similar stories in my future.

Why do we do it? Because we all need companions that listen without judgement. We need to see a simple life where eating good food, drinking clean water, playing and running in "the pack" is all that is required. It helps us calm down and maybe helps balance out our own issues.

Sadiebug will be missed but you have been given the gift of her lifetime to hold on to. Each of us gets this gift free and clear of any debt that requires more than our gratitude to the time we had them in our lives. Our initial, deep grief hurts but the time we had and the memories we take will heal the heart.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
Mattie our 10 1/2 old Rat Terrier while in South Fork Co developed congestive heart and we came Home early,yesterday she wt.14.3 and took 2 lbs off,but appears to be pooling again we will have to make a decision soon :(
Nearly 8 years ago my beloved Major was struck with degenerative myelopathy. He was sound of mind but his body started to go. The DM took hold causing his hind end to loose functions as the disease worked its way in the spine from his tail towards his head.

At some point, Major just kind of let me know he wasn't happy anymore. He lost bowel control and just couldn't get around anymore. While DM is painless, he was clearly not happy anymore.

It was so hard to let go of Major but in my heart I knew what was needed. His ashes now sit in a cabinet along with his toys and pictures. He has since been joined by his early companion Angel and by Sarge who was a 1 year old pup struck down by a tumor in the brain.

I can't tell you what is best for you. I can only support you in what ever decision you make that is best for your Mattie. Listen to your vet, listen to Mattie's heart and what ever is best will surface.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #17

My beautiful boxer Dutchess was put down July 30, 2005 I still grieve her.
I feel your pain and hope you come to peace with this and treasure her memory.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #18

Sorry for your loss. The blessing is that you both got to share each other's life and company.
There's an old saying that there's no truer love than the love that a dog has for it's owner.
She will be there waiting for you one day........
Nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to lamigra
The dust must be getting bad in here, its getting hard for me to see. So sorry to hear of your loss.
lamigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamigra View Post
The dust must be getting bad in here, its getting hard for me to see. So sorry to hear of your loss.
You noticed that too? I thought there was condensation on my glasses.
I think losing a pet is a hard part of life. We had two Airedales and had to put the oldest down at 12 yrs. old on 3/26/11. My wife and I walked around the house like two Zombies for days. I would never equate the loss to that of a child, but I'm sure the pain ranks right up there somewhere. I told my wife that was it...no more dogs other than the one we had as I don't want to go through the loss anymore. I was adamant.... no more!!! Three weeks later we had adopted a rescue puppy who is another wonderful addition to our family.
Nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

My sincerest condolences to you upon the loss of Sadie. She will live on forever in your heart.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiebug View Post
We put our 14 year old lab to sleep yesterday. I wished she could have passed quietly away on the porch overlooking her creek but her mind was stronger then her body and her body was giving out. I will miss her presence. She was Sexy Sadie, the greatest of them all.
She was a beautiful dog and is having a great time now with my dog Stormy. ( Black lab). I am very sorry for your loss. Don't wait, go to the lab rescue and start another life with a dog that will be a great friend. I did and don't regret it.
Regards,
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
You will never forget her. My heart is still breaking from my loss of "ms Delta" so many years ago! God bless you and hold Ms Sadiebug in your arms.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry to hear of you loss. It just breaks your heart to let them go!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #25

We lost our little dog but had lots of pictures of her. Took pictures to framing and they hang on a wall of rememberence. Moped around for a few months and decided that we needed to shape up and get another loving dog. We did and know some day that too will pass, and when it does I'll remember those good times and maybe get another young one to care for. Each one brings their own joy and you don't forget the ones you left behind. Hate to lose them but willing to start a new furry one to take care of me.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Will Rogers said something like...."If dogs don't go to heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #27

Many dog angels have come and gone in my lifetime. I miss each one. I am sorry for your loss. ((hugs))
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #28

When our pets and companions leave this plain they cross the Rainbow Bridge. There they wait for us. Playing with other dogs and always looking at the gate. One day you shall walk that path and pass by the entrance to the fields of Rainbow Bridge and she shall be waiting with all those that went before her.

In my life it is better to lose a friend than to loose a dog. I still grieve for my Abby who passed 2 years ago. I am very sorry for your loss.

Tonight I shall open my windows and wish upon a star. Then I shall leave a place in the garden for puppies to dance.

FB: Adventures of Ranger and Jin
desertranger is offline   Reply With Quote