Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2005, 03:22 PM   #1

Well ,again this year we are ending our camping season on labor day weekend The forcast for the day was windy and rainy so we packed up and headed home While we tore down we also blew lines ,drained hatwater heater and added anti freeze .When we got home we put it right into its storage building so now all I need to do is pull the battery and disconnect the gas and we're good to go for the LLLLOOOONNNNGGGGcold winter. We are looking to sell our TrailManonr and buy a travle trailer that we will put at a seasonal spot near to home so goodluck to those who are still camping and have fun

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2005, 03:22 PM   #2

Well ,again this year we are ending our camping season on labor day weekend The forcast for the day was windy and rainy so we packed up and headed home While we tore down we also blew lines ,drained hatwater heater and added anti freeze .When we got home we put it right into its storage building so now all I need to do is pull the battery and disconnect the gas and we're good to go for the LLLLOOOONNNNGGGGcold winter. We are looking to sell our TrailManonr and buy a travle trailer that we will put at a seasonal spot near to home so goodluck to those who are still camping and have fun

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:21 PM   #3

Yeah, when I lived in Northern Virgnia it was Labor Day that pretty much signaled the end of the season.
Now living out West I camp up until Thanksgiving.
Chet
Old 09-04-2005, 05:49 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Well, JJ,

I guess you must have your reasons (Gas prices part of it?), and I hope you thoroughly enjoy seasonal camping. We usually camp until at least Columbus Day. To help with the fuel situation we have camped less this year, and are tending to stay a little closer to home. You're gonna hafta pry the steering wheel out of my cold, dead hands to make me stop, though.

L8r,
Steve
Steve & Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 07:34 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
We go up to Columbus Day weekend (when we'll have our Nor Easter rally). We even made it to election day one year.

First weekend of October is the "World's Largest Garage Sale" in Warrensburg, Upstate NY, a fun weekend we never miss, although sometimes it's pretty cold there.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:34 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Now living out West I camp up until Thanksgiving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or you could be Living/Full timing in Florida and camp 24/7/365. Course you have to tie your rigs to the trees during the hurricane season.

Dave
[b]NASCAR FANS - Carl Edwards #99 & Ryan Newman #12![/col
RVrs R US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 06:56 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You're right Dave, I'll be down there Jan, Feb and March, and I carry an anchor to weather the storms...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 06:03 PM   #8
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Well ya ll do it wrong. If you would move west, you winter in AZ and go north to WO or west to southern CA ( San Diego you have it made . No hurricanes and just little tremors in CA. Or be like us and stay here in the 100s all the time . I went up north today and it was great , mid 70s but had to come home to 102 @5:30 PM . Beside that, we don't have to winterize. I think I will take the heat over the ice and snow anytime. After a few weeks in the heat I don't think Driver would agree
Old 09-06-2005, 05:11 AM   #9

Well, some of the best camping we do is in the fall. We camp on into November. Nobody in the parks but a few die hards and everyone is friendly. To put the camper away on labor day is to loose at least 2 good months of camping in Michigan.
Jim

SPELL CHECK By IeSpell; Its free and it works.
JimmyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:43 AM   #10

Camping season is just about ready to start down here. I'm at 4600 feet in southern AZ today and it's 90 today and low 70's at night.
Ken Lenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:11 PM   #11

We'll keep going at least through Columbo day. maybe longer depending on the weather. The boat will get hauled end of Oct. But we can still dry camp at the marina all year if we want to. We will get one trip to Bar harbor in early Oct. Then it's time to winterise. Scotty
Old 09-06-2005, 12:49 PM   #12

Dontcha just hate the end of the season?
We try to camp right thru mid November (hunting season). We'll se how it goes this year w/the new unit. Will probably already have winterized by then, too.

'05 Fleetwood Mallard 180CK
ThunderRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:43 PM   #13

We tend to camp year round (in a pop-up no less). Since we live near the NC/TN/GA state lines, our real "winter" really doesn't start until Jan and then lasts until Feb. A few hours south into GA and the campgrounds still have water. I leave my pop-up open year round so that we can stock and roll in a few hours. I love camping in the "off-season".
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:13 AM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
Here in central PA my camping season goes year round. I have done some of my best camping in the dead of winter when the parks are completely empty except for me. Nothing like a hot cup of coffee in the morning and the only sound you hear is a light snow fall followed by a mid afternoon hike in the snow. Gotta love it , or not To each their own.