Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
The Travelwave appears to be a well thought-out and designed option to combine the benefits of an RV and houseboat. First I've seen of this concept, but I could understand the appeal to folks who frequent large lakes and adjacent campgrounds.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
The Travelwave appears to be a well thought-out and designed option to combine the benefits of an RV and houseboat. First I've seen of this concept, but I could understand the appeal to folks who frequent large lakes and adjacent campgrounds.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:04 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
I couldn't get any of the pix to show up. The old red X thing. Anyone else have that problem?
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:13 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
The problem appears to be one of file size. My broadband connection is a little slower loading the pics from this site. Take care Mr. 'Rockin'.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Pretty cool!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #6

Another dual-use thrilling idea is Terrawind amphibious Motor Home.
The Travelwave sounds much more practical for water-loving folks. The Terrawind amphibious Corvette is quite appealing though.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:02 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ray,

I was thinking of the Travelwave last night and remembered the houseboats I observed through-out SE Asia. For thousands of years, many of these folks have lived ("camped") on the water. Something about the concept appeals to me -- probably the freedom to "move" my RV over a large lake and drop anchor in secluded areas.

Agree that the Travelwave offers a more viable option to single-purpose RVs versus the Terrawind. I believe the multi-purpose recreational vehicle's time has come. We're seeing the beginning of this market with the current surge in the demand for toy-haulers. The Travelwave concept is within the capabilities of current RV manufacturers and would not require a large capital investment.

Launch your houseboat/RV on a lake or river and enjoy the benefits of camping and boating without the marina or campground fees. Utilize the marinas for refueling, fresh water, and dumping the tanks. Need a break from the water, take your home to a local campground and enjoy terra firma.

Ramblings of an "old veteran"
John
Old 12-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #8

I have half of that. The terra boat really struck a cord with me. It would be awesome.

Phil
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:03 AM   #9

I'm a retired riverboat pilot off the ohio,mississippi rivers.I have seen pontoon boats that you pull your RV onto it and is powered by outboard motors.To me this seems to be a way to go without the 1.2 mill price tag.I have gave some thought to this,but passed it by.I might just look into it now that my motor home is paid for.

PS;saw these boats on the KY.lake.Mainly small rvs around 24ft.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #10

Travelwave 360

The Travelwave 360 is perfect for the traveler who wants an RV or a houseboat. These boats are beautiful and there is one listed on ebay currently.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #11

Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
I couldn't get any of the pix to show up. The old red X thing. Anyone else have that problem?
I would be happy to send you any pictures of the Travelwave. my email is nicolas_stoll@yahoo.com Let me know if you have any questions. There is a Travelwave 360 listed on ebay currently.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I'm not familiar with the Travel Wave, but many large vehicles that try to combine features ending up doing both poorly. I won't mention the make, but there is a sailboat that advertises it can sail as well as pull skiers with its 35 hp outboard. Bottom line is it's a lousy sailboat and a lousy power boat.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
I'm not familiar with the Travel Wave, but many large vehicles that try to combine features ending up doing both poorly. I won't mention the make, but there is a sailboat that advertises it can sail as well as pull skiers with its 35 hp outboard. Bottom line is it's a lousy sailboat and a lousy power boat.
The Travelwave does work. We have been going on trips all across the united states and canada for over 10 years in one of them. We've been on lakes, rivers, oceans, great lakes, locks, canals, intracoastal waterway. However I'm sorry I'm not saying you can ski behind it haha, they only go 12 mph tops.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by povertyflat View Post
I'm a retired riverboat pilot off the ohio,mississippi rivers.I have seen pontoon boats that you pull your RV onto it and is powered by outboard motors.To me this seems to be a way to go without the 1.2 mill price tag.I have gave some thought to this,but passed it by.I might just look into it now that my motor home is paid for.

PS;saw these boats on the KY.lake.Mainly small rvs around 24ft.

Can you pull them behind the motorhome or are they too big?

That would be the best, then you wouldn't have to leave the tow vehicle behind and you could travel up stream...

Bridges??? we don't need no stinkin bridges...

ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote