Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
They are around us

I am not talking about aliens or martians. I am one of those guys that really gets anal about checking things like tire pressure, brake fluid, engine oil and all those other little things that alot of people seem to over look. I just bought a tow dolly with a surge brake, it is only a year old and bought it from a private party. Got it home and the lights didn't work and the surge brake was absolutely dry, not a drop of brake fluid in it. These are the same people that are driving on our highways and driving around us with no clue what they are doing. Maybe I am being a little hard but those same people are driving around us all the time. OK, done ranting.
RBeau1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2015, 07:28 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Well then; you should enjoy this previous thread... http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/they-...us-158140.html
Old 04-07-2015, 07:31 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
To be "anal" is a compliment in my book! GUILTY! \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #4

It's the no license and no insurance people that bother me the most.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
With all due respect, wait a darn minute! I'm confused. How is it possible that "...one of those guys that really gets anal about checking things...." managed to agree to buy, pay for, hitch up and take home a tow dolly on which "...the lights didn't work and the surge brake was absolutely dry, not a drop of brake fluid in it..." without ever- apparently- checking a darn thing before laying down his money? Enquiring minds want to know......
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeau1954 View Post
I am not talking about aliens or martians. I am one of those guys that really gets anal about checking things like tire pressure, brake fluid, engine oil and all those other little things that a lot of people seem to over look.
I resemble those remarks!

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:52 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
With all due respect, wait a darn minute! I'm confused. How is it possible that "...one of those guys that really gets anal about checking things...." managed to agree to buy, pay for, hitch up and take home a tow dolly on which "...the lights didn't work and the surge brake was absolutely dry, not a drop of brake fluid in it..." without ever- apparently- checking a darn thing before laying down his money? Enquiring minds want to know......
The seller brought it to my house, drove 150 miles, had it hooked up to his truck. Said he used it once and it has been sitting in his driveway since august. so I never hooked it up and it looked brand new. It was pouring down rain so he just unhooked it, gave him the money and left. The next day when the rain went away I went out and looked at it and hooked it up to my truck, blew the fuse for my brake lights. found the pigtail to one of the lights had caught some road debris or something that mangled the wires. All is good now, bled the brakes and replaced the pigtail and greased the bearings, got to love the EZ lube bearings. I would never have driven with it without checking it out but since it was delivered I figured there would time later to check it out. Probably should have been better about it but got lucky on this one.
RBeau1954 is offline   Reply With Quote