Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
Mid Atlantic Campers
Way to go! You've got it beat now! I will have been smoke free 6 year in May and I can tell you it's the best thing I ever did for myself and my family.
Hang in there! It just gets easier from now on. I had small urges for up to probably a year or so, but after that it was like I had never smoked before.
Quite frankly, I can't stand to be around cigarette smoke anymore, I understand now how nasty it really is and what it does to people around you.

Anyway, I found support from friends and family was what helped the most, congratulations and stay with it!

Phobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
Good Deal. X6 on everybodys advice. don't ever let them get hold you again. if you ever get the urge just wait one more day and, if you still have the urge wait one more day and eventually it will go away. you over the worst part. Congratulations.

Mike S.E. Ohio
mikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Excellent, hang in there. Dispicable habit that has taken too many of us.
X-2! Congratulations, I am sure you feel better already
Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #18
Congrats to everyone who has quit, and to those trying to quit also. Even though I have never smoked, I do understand how hard it is for someone to quit. I watched my beloved dad suffer a slow death with emphysema. He passed away when I was 17 and never had the chance to know his grandchildren, nor they to know him. And I don't think nagging anyone does any good; it's something you have to decide to do on your own.
I'M TRYING to be awesome today, but I'M EXHAUSTED from being so freakin' AWESOME YESTERDAY!
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
Keep it up, its hard but well worth it to you and everyone around you.
I quit over 25 years ago and never regretted the journey.
Scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats to all. I stopped a three pack a day habit in 1982. I then started with cigars in 1983 and was up to five a day till my dentist told me to stop in 2011. Glad I did.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #21
Originally Posted by mikf View Post
Good Deal. X6 on everybodys advice. don't ever let them get hold you again. if you ever get the urge just wait one more day and, if you still have the urge wait one more day and eventually it will go away. you over the worst part. Congratulations.
Yep..The crave will go away whether you smoke or not, so why smoke!!
Don and Mary
'00 Bluebird Skoolie Conversion
Geo Tracker/Dodge Neon/Aprilia Scooter towed
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #22
iRV2 No Limits Club
400 days for me accoridng to the conter on my desktop.

Two Things:

1. One day at a time

2. It really does get easier as time goes on.
Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
I applaud all of you that have and are trying. I know it is hard I watched my mother struggle to quit. She did eventually, only about a year later developed lung cancer and was gone about six months after that. She made me laugh when she smelled the cigarette smell at a mall where people stood outside to smoke and said ewww what's that smell and I informed her that it was from people smoking, then she said why didn't yall tell me it smelled that bad. I said we did and you just gave us that look. LOL. So I am truly happy for all of you that are fighting that battle.
Abbie and Pam
2006 Dutchmen Grand Junction
2000 Ford F 450 dually, screw 7.3 diesel
volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
Monaco Owners Club
I was a prison warden in a max security prison for 12 years before retiring. I was also a 3 pack a day smoker at one time. I gave inmates 1 year advance notice and went tobacco free. I had just quit too. Everyone predicted riots. Guess what? Most inmates where thankful someone finally gave them a reason to quit. No riots. Problems? Yes, the employees struggled the most. Imates did not cause a problem because they knew it was coming well in advance. Former drug addicts told me that quiting hard drugs was easier than quiting smoking. It is tough but you can do it. Just tell yourself you are gaining 10 years of life, which is true. 10 years! That's a big deal to me!
Parkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #25
I quit 14 years ago from being a 2-3 pack a day with the motivation of them going to $2.00 a pack. Now that they are around $7.00 it's getting in to some serious money to keep smoking.
Jeff & Wendy
2004 Winnebago Journey 36G
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport
wendyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #26
Great for you!!! ive been Free since Feb 7, 2011
Mrjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #27
Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations on quiting.You have to do it one day at a time. I had my last one in February of 1983, and still get the urge every now and then, but still havent given in to it. Keep it going, it gets just a bit easyer ever day.
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale)* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 * Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #28
Good deal.

I'm an ex-smokeless tobacco user here from the days of Earl Campbell and "Skoal, Bro". I was 12 YOA. Still get the urge. I haven't touched the stuff since March, 2011. I "quit" several times before that, but as soon as I had just one dip, I was hooked again.

I too got sick, and that helped me quit for sure. The doctors told me I would have been dead if I were a smoker. I caught a serious staph infection, had a toxic shock reaction to it, and my lungs filled up with fluid. Talk about a scary X-ray. I saw 80% of my lungs filled and black. I thought stop the stupidity.

Smokeless or smoked, it is not good for you and it CAN NOT be done in moderation. Every time I started back up, I said I'd go easy. Yeah, right! The nature of nicotine makes moderation impossible.

Hang in there everyone. I'm not going back.

cj23andout is offline   Reply With Quote