Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #71

Thor Owners Club
Biggest thing I noticed when i quit was that I could smell things again.....amazing. You don't realize that your sense of smell goes when you smoke and returns when you quit smoking .....lots of gifts for you folks quitting or thinking of quitting
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #72

The DW and I smoked for many, many years (me--46 years, DW 44 years) We decided to buy a new Jayco 31' trailer. In order to fit it in our budget we agreed to quit smoking. That was six years ago! I slipped a few times and would "bum" a cigarette from the individual I was talking to. Found one drag was enough! Now we can't stand the smell. Saved so much money that we now have a Class A 36' Foretravel!!
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #73

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thats how it been for me I can smell and save money for fun hobbies
KylenCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #74

Congrads! I quit on Christmas day six years ago! it was a gift to my better half and myself.
I never get the urge, I stopped cold turkey and reminded myself for the first three months about the additives placed in smokes. Now I smile when I see the price and frown every time someone smokes and I smell it walking by.
xplorer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #75

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
The DW and I smoked for many, many years (me--46 years, DW 44 years) We decided to buy a new Jayco 31' trailer. In order to fit it in our budget we agreed to quit smoking. That was six years ago! I slipped a few times and would "bum" a cigarette from the individual I was talking to. Found one drag was enough! Now we can't stand the smell. Saved so much money that we now have a Class A 36' Foretravel!!
That's what I'm talkin' about!!
Good for both of you! You've done yourselves proud!
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
That's what I'm talkin' about!!
Good for both of you! You've done yourselves proud!
What said.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I quit in 1986 when I was going through a carton in 3 days. It was so bad I could be smoking a cig and still had a strong craving for one. Decided that if that were the case, I'd just as soon crave one when I wasn't smoking. It was a really bad experience, and I had horrible cravings for over a year. Eventually those cravings abated, and after about 10 years I decided it was safe to declare myself a non-smoker..! Honestly, I had periodic cravings for many, many years.... just not real strong ones.

Over the 28 years I smoked, I tried to quit hundreds of times. Most of the time it didn't last a few hours, or a day at the most. I tried patches, gum, hypnosis, etc. Each time I tried to quit and couldn't, I would be smoking heavier than ever. When I got to where I could hardly breathe and my heart rate was really high at rest, I found the proper motivation.... fear of dying! I also found out that the only way to quit is to do it mentally. You have to really want to quit, and be determined to take charge of your life instead of letting an addiction run it for you. No doubt we all march to the tune of different drummers, so if you need a crutch to quit, by all means do it. Eventually you can become like me and not be able to stand the smell of cigarette smoke!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #78

This is true. You have to want to quit. I went for 4 day when I was stuck in a hospital... no problem. I an go all day if I'm working on a intense project. I'm wearing 2 patches and don't crave as mush. With me, it's more of a habit than an addition. They don't taste good and my throat is sore.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #79

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
8 weeks on this for us. When one year is down we start seriously eyeballing some tiffins
Old 04-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #80

Tiffin Owners Club
I had quit for almost eight years when out kids thought it would be good for them. They bought a pack and after three or four I decided to teach them how to inhale. At two o'clock in the morning I was up looking for the rest of the cigs - no sense in wasting them. Couldn't find any, the next morning the DW said she smashed them up and put them in the toilet. I was amazed that after eight years they would still have that power, it scared me. That was thirty or so years ago and I still get an urge every once in a while. Now, the price is way more then this tight person would spend, when I quit they had just gone to 50 cents a pack and that was outrageous,
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #81

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I had read this post when it was first summited. at that time didn't believe I would ever be replying to this. Congrats to the OP. DW and I started talking about quitting in may I think. Didn't really want to. I am 57 and have smoked a pipe for 36 years and the wife 2 plus packs a day for over 28yrs. In mid July started taking
Chantix. after 3 weeks and "several stomach aches later" on Aug 1st my Moms Bday
we quit. Had 2 smokes that day and none since. I have not had to do the E cig. but wife has and it has helped her. She has not lapsed yet. Also should mention this has been very stressful time as her mom has been in and out of hospital because of lung cancer. It is in remission but is in operable and she still smokes.

I do know I will have a lot of work to do as our MH and My truck stink horribly.
right now I am only have mild urges once in awhile.
bjcarpetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #82

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarpetguy View Post
I had read this post when it was first summited. at that time didn't believe I would ever be replying to this. Congrats to the OP. DW and I started talking about quitting in may I think. Didn't really want to. I am 57 and have smoked a pipe for 36 years and the wife 2 plus packs a day for over 28yrs. In mid July started taking
Chantix. after 3 weeks and "several stomach aches later" on Aug 1st my Moms Bday
we quit. Had 2 smokes that day and none since. I have not had to do the E cig. but wife has and it has helped her. She has not lapsed yet. Also should mention this has been very stressful time as her mom has been in and out of hospital because of lung cancer. It is in remission but is in operable and she still smokes.

I do know I will have a lot of work to do as our MH and My truck stink horribly.
right now I am only have mild urges once in awhile.
Congratulations!!!! Take the money you save and you can have your truck and RV profetionaly cleaned.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #83

I was a social smoker for 20 yrs. Never a pack a day, or even a pack a week. But a good party? I could chain through a pack of my own and half a pack of my buddy's smokes.

Since I quit... I don't get hungover anymore. Even when I have that 4th or 5th margarita that I know is a bad idea, I'll be tired the next day, but I don't feel poisoned!! I can't say I'll never smoke again, but I could smoke one night and then never again. I guess I just don't have an addictive personality.
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #84

I cut my 2+ pack a day to a pack every 3 days, just by moving the pack and tray out of sight. A patch also helps.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote