Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #99
All good tips. I'm working on it.

2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #100
You quit smoking.....good for you! I had more practice quits than I can count. It will be 6 yrs October 29 for me. I still miss it, occasionally dream I'm smoking and I wake up thinking, I can't go through another quit!

I went the Chantix route too, I call it a miracle drug!!!

Susan, Don and Oreo

Suzze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #101
Quit smoking May 27th 1993 , now I just sit close to smokers
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #102
My husband has smoked since he was probably 12 yrs old, actually think he was born smoking so quitting for him was very very hard. For years and years he tried patches, gum, patches, gum etc. I was concerned because he would be chewing gum and sneaking smokes, way too much nicotine. Needless to say this was a very sore subject in our house. Me being an ex smoker, you would think I never smoked the way I carried on. To go anywhere in MH it would take forever to get there because of all the smoke breaks. 3 months ago my nephew introduced him to e cig. and he has not looked back. I realize it is substituting one habit for another but I will take it. He has got his wind back, not coughing and smells so much better😊. He likes the cinnamon flavor and I like the smell. E cig. work. Happy wife, happy home!
Hollysrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #103

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I was a smoker and know the regimen around quitting. I try never to pontificate about smoking and fear that someday I may relapse into the habit. My best friend is attempting to quit and I support him any way I can but I will never knowingly talk down to him about smoking. It is a very hard habit to throw.
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #104
Congratulations! It's easy to quit smoking, I did it many, many times (I think that's a quote from somebody famous) when the habit had me. I finally quit 16 years ago when my late wife had to have a lung removed because of cancer. No, she never smoked a day in her life, but grew up in a home where her parents did. I saw what she endured and quit within a week. Never had the desire to smoke again!
2004.5 GMC SLT CCLB, Ride Rites, Turbo brake, EFI Live
2012 Arctic Fox 29 5T 5th Airborne, B&W, Prodigy
Papillon navigators Lily, Buddy and Willow
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #105
Tiffin Owners Club
[QUOTE=road dogs;1686518]Congratulations! It's easy to quit smoking, I did it many, many times (I think that's a quote from somebody famous)..... /QUOTE]

I don't think I'm famous, but I've been sayin' that for about 30 years.

My exact words: "Quittin's easy. I did it a hunnert times."
Seeing this country from ground level.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #106
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I heard on the news last week that it's twice as hard for menthol smokers (me) to quit.
Dunner, I used to look for excuses for why I was special and could not quit, BUT, 15 years ago I decided I could do anything anybody else could do and quit cold turkey. I do realize I cannot cheat even once or I would be right back where I was 15 years ago.
Mike S.E. Ohio
mikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #107
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
As my name implies I am on oxygen and have COPD from smoking 3+ packs of cigarettes a day for over 40 years. I quite 13 years ago next month but the damage was already done and has progressed rapidly. The doctor told me at the time that if I didn't quit NOW I would be dead in a year. Well, I did quit cold turkey as did my DW right along with me. Do we miss it? Not even!! The smell is just downright putrid and I can't believe how bad I smelled all those years, not to mention the expense.
My Dad was a heavy smoker too and died at 62 of lung cancer. You think that would have been an incentive to quit but no, I kept on puffing away. So, to those of you that have quit, CONGRATULATIONS!!
To those of you trying to quit, just keep at it. It's not easy but it's doable.

2008 Dutchmen 31F, E450, 6.8 V10, Blue Ox, ReadyBrake - 2013 Honda Fit Toad
hosenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #108
Rexhall Owners Group
Well, I smoked my last on November 29, 1982 at 11:59 PM. Nov. 30 was a birthday, and that was my present to me, and we were expecting our first child, and I swore none of my children would ever see me smoke. The following week was one of the most miserable I can remember, but sheer determination saw me through. I swore to myself that I would do anything else, but not light up.
Congratulations to OP, and hang in there. The urges will get more infrequent, but never expect them to totally go away. In fact sitting here now, enjoying a strong , good cup of coffee, the thought crosses my mind that a cigarette sure would taste good.
2003 Rexhall Rexair, 3550 Ford V10 with Banks
2014 Honda CRV-AWD via Blue Ox
Travel with SWMBO and Golden Doodle co pilot
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #109
It was a year ago today that I had my last smoke. The urges are farther apart and easier to combat. I still have not found the trigger on the urgers.
99 F-350 4X4 PSD pulling a 24' Nash travel trailer
JRNOLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #110
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have not replied to this threat in a while but i am here to tell i am still smoke free for 228 days. One day at a time is what i tell my self. Have not had the dreams in a while. Addiction is daily fight
2013 Itasca Sunstar Sport F53 V10 Ford (Week end machine till retirement)
CHF & 5 Star tuning next centramatic balancers
towing 2013 Spark
KylenCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #111
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It takes about 5-10 years before the urge REALLY goes away. Morning coffee, stress and bars are your danger zones.

You know you are over it when cigarette smoke goes from a pleasant smell to smelling awful.

The longest journeys are conquered one step at a time. Keep walking. And if you fall down... get up and start walking again!
1988 Holiday Rambler Alumalite
wjell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #112
Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wish you all success in your journey to be nicotine free.

2006 Four Winds Majestic 23A
mikebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote