Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #113

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjell View Post
It takes about 5-10 years before the urge REALLY goes away. Morning coffee, stress and bars are your danger zones.
This is so true especially the first while.
Quote:

You know you are over it when cigarette smoke goes from a pleasant smell to smelling awful.

The longest journeys are conquered one step at a time. Keep walking. And if you fall down... get up and start walking again!
I think I will steel this for future use because it is so true. Thanks for sharing.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #114

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile I quit smoking

Congratulations!!!!!!! It's been 15 years for me, One of the best things I ever did.
Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #115

Having been a smoker since 1958 I know that I am seriously addicted. For the past five or six months I've been asking myself "Why don't you just quit?" When I saw this thread I jumped right in and read every story and comment while having my coffee and my smokes. At the end of page nine, while snuffing out another cig I noticed that there were no less than nine cig filters laying in the ash tray. Oh my word.
After reading the success stories and the quitting now stories, I really need to change my question to "What are you waiting for?"
I'm going to do it.
Wish me luck.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #116

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Good luck, I need to do it also. 55 years of smoking.
Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #117

Definition of hero.... someone who not only attempts what most are afraid to do, but succeeds in the task. You my friend, have done what millions have failed at, and millions more have never attempted. Full bragging rights are yours! Congratulations.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #118

Fleetwood Owners Club
Keep going you are doing great. Nicotine is one strong addiction. I have been quit for almost 8 years. You can do it. My daddy had smoked when he was a young man but had been quit probably 40 years when I asked him if he still wanted a smoke. He said well sometimes the urge hits and I could smoke a Camel as long as a utility pole in about two draws, but he added, the urge is gone just as quick. I still like to smell good pipe tobacco or a good cigar but don't want to take up the habit again.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #119

Prescription drug Chantix!. Greatest thing I have ever seen to get off of nicotine since I have been in pharmacy.

I quit 35 years of cigs and snuff in 10 days. No withdrawals, no cravings, no thoughts of nicotine whatsoever. Been 5-6 years. It's like I never smoked or dipped.

You seriously wanna quit, get a script from your MD or whoever you use. Excellent product which alleviates any withdrawal symptoms.

2 things.
1. Do not take pills on empty stomach and 2. if you are having goofy dreams (not nightmares), just lay in there and dream!
Whizzer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #120

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
I have never smoked, but I'm sitting here with my husband that was a smoker for 55 years. We have put our plans of going full time on hold as he battles first lung cancer and now brain cancer. He also has COPD.
Keep on the track you're on...the love of my life lost his fight.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzer60 View Post
Prescription drug Chantix!. Greatest thing I have ever seen to get off of nicotine since I have been in pharmacy.

2 things.

1. Do not take pills on empty stomach and
2. if you are having goofy dreams (not nightmares), just lay in there and dream!
This is the second time I have heard that. First time was a couple hours ago.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #122

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tried Chantix. Felt way out of sorts. And had creepy dreams. Had to stop taking it.
so47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #123

I started smoking in 1967 at 14. I used to lo love tiaquana smalls the wine flavored smokes. In 1972 Iwas in theAir Force were cigarettes were $0.10 a pack and they gave you a free pack with your C rations. I came home in 1978 to .59 cents a pack cigarettes. I felt that paying six times more than what they were in 1972. Took me six months and four relapses but I managed to quit by summer's end. So imagine my shock to find people paying $14 -$20. a pack.
jasright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #124

To add to my dislike of cigarettes my younger sister died in spring 2011 from lung cancer after 30 years of smoking.
jasright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #125

Congratulations!! My mother quit after she came down with bronchitis and couldn't smoke for 2 weeks. It wasn't easy, but she stuck to it and quit a 30-year habit. You can ABSOLUTELY keep this up, and you'll feel better and better every day because of it. Also, your rig appreciates you spoiling her now!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #126

After smoking for over 50 years, I'm down to ~1 cigarette a day. Take a couple puff and put it out. Dramatic drop was from putting them out of sight on the counter and under a hat (not the ash tray). Thinking about and seeing them is the trigger.

Lady friend spent ~$70 on the electronic ones just days before the local and national news said they weren't really that much better for you. I'm not saying anything that would end in "and then the fight began."

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote