Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Think I beat it (quit smoking)

Day after Christmas came down with the flu felt horrible could not breath and high fever. Stayed in bed for couple of days could not go outside to smoke. That was 89 days ago and still smoke free. The money i spent on cigarettes is what i am spending on my motor home. At least its a healthy habit.
KylenCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #2

Very good. Keep up the Good work. I haven't had any tobacco sense Aug 15 2012. Once in a while I get an urge to have a smoke but have been able to resist.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
Excellent, hang in there. Dispicable habit that has taken too many of us.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Good going!!
I quit about 13 years ago but still get the urge now and then. I know from past experience if I have one I will be back to two packs a day by the next day. The other problem is every time I quit I gained 20 pounds. When I started again I never lost it. I can't afford to quit again and gain another 20 so I will never start again. Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #5

Very good keep up the Good work 2 yrs for me
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #6

Always a puff away from a pack a day!

After 11 years no urges but never let your guard down, the nicodemon is watching...And waiting.

Quitting is hard. Not quitting is harder.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylenCindy View Post
Day after Christmas came down with the flu felt horrible could not breath and high fever. Stayed in bed for couple of days could not go outside to smoke. That was 89 days ago and still smoke free. The money i spent on cigarettes is what i am spending on my motor home. At least its a healthy habit.
Good job Kyle!

My story is much like yours. I suffered a high ankle sprain back in 2010 and every time I wanted a butt I had to put on my Air-Cast, get my crutches and hobble out to the back porch just so I could smoke. It just got to be too much work! I've been smoke free now since October 6th, 2010. It's been almost 2 1/2 years since my last cigarette and I am just now to the point where I no longer feel an urge to smoke.

Quitting is a day by day thing and you will continue to experience the cravings for a while but they will eventually be replaced by occasional urges and finally you will reach that plateau where you no longer even experience a mild urge.

I wish you continued success.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #8

Hi

That's great. I keep telling myself to quit. My wife keeps telling me to quit so does my kid. One of these I need to try again. Hang in there, I know it's a very hard thing to do,
Well done

Dale M
DaleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #9

CONGRATS! Keep saying "I quit" , it feels great to hear yourself say this! I quit 4+ packs a day cold turkey, no gum, patches, toothpicks, straws or nothing! Sheer determination!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I went along on the idea I was trying to see how long I could go before I caved in and went back to smoking. That was about 14 years ago. I keep telling people I still smoke but I'm seeing how long I can go between cigarettes. My point is please pick some way of maintaining the lack of smoking as it is your health that is affected most of all.

BTW Congratulations on quitting.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Been over 20 years for me, still one of the hardest things I ever did. Still dream that I started again and fear the "Hell" I went through to stop. Not all of the time but once in awhile when I bend over I grab my pocket to keep from losing my friends.

Wife suffers COPD fron the habit, wheel chair, oxygen, in and out of the hospital and rehab facility.

See young people lighting up and I want get in their face about what they are doing but I am sure they know better----I did. Can I blame the Army, I started on C Rations.

Don G
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
2 packs a day to 0 for 7 yrs now. Wife and I both used Chantix. Have had no urges for the past 5 yrs. Yee- haa, it feels great! And the money we save pays for our weekly camping trips.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #13

Congrats!!! I quit on Oct 18, 2012, cold turkey, after 40 years of puffing over 2 packs a day. Still want them, but take it 1 day at a time. It is getting easier. I will never go back, no matter what!!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations! I believe that if you can do without cigarettes for three days, you can turn your back on them and never smoke another.

I realized my habit was hurting my wife and kids -- that was back in the day when we smoked inside the house, in the car, on airplanes, anywhere. It was accepted that people smoked everywhere except within 50 feet of an airplane.

God was good to me -- he gave me strep throat, so bad I couldn't smoke for three days. When I started feeling better, I threw my open pack in the trash and gave the rest of the carton to a buddy who also smoked Pall Mall's. That was in 1973, and I've never smoked another. But for years, I was like Grimesy -- I would dream that I had started again, and wake up almost crying.

Hang in there!!!
gfs1943 is offline   Reply With Quote