Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
You do need to take them to court, Small claims might be best

Or better yet, Have a coffee chat with an attorney you are already paying for.

The DISTRICT ATTORNEY. To my untrained ears it sounds like there just might be a crime involved and that's the DA's job, may be called Prosecutor in your city.

And you have already paid his fee,,,,, Every April 15th or there about
been there done that'' unless you have been there you have no idea the hurrdles you have to jump.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
I am the treasurer of the HOA in the subdivision that we live in. Before I was, I never could figure out where all the money that we were paying was going. Turns out, there was nothing wrong except people who control the subdivision liking to spend HOA money. Now they have to go through me and I'm about as tight with HOA money as I can be.

I think contacting the DA is the right thing to do. Sounds like fraud to me. Go get 'em and nail them to the wall. I can understand that you're simply tired of fighting, but there has to be someone else who will help or take over the fight.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #17

quote"
I think contacting the DA is the right thing to do. Sounds like fraud to me. Go get 'em and nail them to the wall. I can understand that you're simply tired of fighting, but there has to be someone else who will help or take over the fight.
Have not found anyone yet; everyone I talk to tells me its easer to just pay up than fight. they just don't want to get involved ( they have read to much in the papers about home owners getting in disputs with their HOA and it costing them thousands in legal fees.) even if you win; you lose.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I doubt that you will have much luck with the DA. I had a clear fraud situation (hospital knowingly sending me bad bills and turning me over to outside collections even though they stated in writing that they knew the bills were bad) and couldn't get any help. Being politically connected to the DA is about the only solution.

We moved out of an HOA where the same types of things were going on. The HOA sued many residents and lost almost all of the time but they were able to intimidate most of the rest of the residents because of their heavy handed tactics. I vowed that we would never live in another HOA community and would move before we were forced to become part of one. There is just no stopping people who have more time on their hands and a maniacal bent to try to control others in an HOA. The structure of the organization just doesn't lend itself to a representative situation.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfm11 View Post
I doubt that you will have much luck with the DA. I had a clear fraud situation (hospital knowingly sending me bad bills and turning me over to outside collections even though they stated in writing that they knew the bills were bad) and couldn't get any help. Being politically connected to the DA is about the only solution.

We moved out of an HOA where the same types of things were going on. The HOA sued many residents and lost almost all of the time but they were able to intimidate most of the rest of the residents because of their heavy handed tactics. I vowed that we would never live in another HOA community and would move before we were forced to become part of one. There is just no stopping people who have more time on their hands and a maniacal bent to try to control others in an HOA. The structure of the organization just doesn't lend itself to a representative situation.
I agree with you %100 even at my age(76) and as long as I have been here (nearly 40 years). I am giveing some very serious thought of moving out.

I will never; never move into a HOA community again. If you don't mind haveing someone (some nut case) tell you what you can do with your own property. then this is the place for you.
I'm not sure that I mentioned earler in this post that the management firm stole all the funds of the association, These and I'll use the term loosley(NUTS) just voted to give this theif another $3000. can you believe that. they will asses each homeowner to get the $3000. if you don't pay; the next thing they will do is put a lien on your home; they have done this many times before to people that refuse to pay the assesments.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert h View Post
I lived in a condo association for a few years and it was a real drag. Some of the folks just delighted in causing trouble. Never again.
I've heard that; over and over again;
I travel a lot and have found the same thing in some campgrounds; the volinteer hosts delight in giveing the campers a hard time.
Me; I don;t take it from these volinteer hosts; in the last summer I managed to get rid of three volinteers and one paid emoloyee for being snotty, I have a real nasty pen and i know how to use it; writing to the right people gets results.[/quote]

What does this have to do with the original post?

Volunteers are what helps keep our state parks open. Are there bad ones? Yes, but they are the exception, not the rule. It's the 1% of campers who make things rough for everyone and you may be in that group.

As to you having a nasty pen and know how to use it - I would throw away any unintelligible, illiterate, poor punctuation blather that I received from someone who purported to be wise. The "right people" would do the same.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #21

Quote"
As to you having a nasty pen and know how to use it - I would throw away any unintelligible, illiterate, poor punctuation blather that I received from someone who purported to be wise. The "right people" would do the same.

wow ----where did that come from;
Its pretty obvious that the writer doesn't travel much.
If you have traveled as much as I have I garentee you will meet a few of the volinteers I'm refering to.

( I didn't know we were being tested for spelling and grammer)