Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2015, 04:05 PM   #1

This Is True Love

It was a busy morning approximately 8:30 a m, when a elderlly man in his80's came in to have stitches removed from his thumb .he stated he was in a hurry and had another appointment at 9 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over a hour before someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided since I wasn't busywith another patient I would evaluate his wound.

After seeing it had healed well. I talked to one of the doctors and removed his stitches and dressed his wound.

I asked him did he have another doctors appointment somewhere this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman said no, he had to get to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

I then. Inquired about her health. He told me she had been there for a while, and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease. As I finished dressing his wound. I asked him would she be worried that he was running late? He replied she no longer knew who he was and had not recognized in the last five years.

And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are? I asked him in surprise. He smiled, patted my hand and said. She doesn't know me but I still know she is.

I had to hold back the tears as he left. I had goose bumps on my arms. I thought. That's the kind of love I want in my life.

True love is neither physical nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all there is, has been, will be and always will be. No matter what the situation is, true love remains.

True love is forever, faithful and loyal.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum. 2014 Entegra DLQ

SonnyB
2014 Anthem DLQ
Jeep Liberty
2 Dogs:
Lou Lou (Yorker)
Casey (Weiner Dog)
SonnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
This brought tears to my eyes. Thanks.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:24 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
This brought tears to my eyes. Thanks.
this
Old 09-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I had the unpleasant chore of watching as my dad passed from this horrendous thing. And as my mother, his wife of 72 years, told him it was OK to pass on and that she would meet him later in Heaven. No one should have this happen to them. I understand that mans feeling as I type this. We still miss him every day for almost 3 years now, he would have been 100 just 4 months ago. Miss you Dad.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:39 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow! Choked me up! Like Reba's "Somebody's Chelsea".
Old 09-13-2015, 07:54 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
Thanks....
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:47 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Over fifty years and counting, all I can say is wow and thanks.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:14 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Sonny!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:58 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sonny,

You seem to find the stories that truly touch people's hearts. I thank you for bringing these to our notice as we all need reminders of what true love really is.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:11 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Another part of the true love is where my wife and I are today, and where we were when we were first married. We married after 2 years of dating and engagement on September 18, 1965 I got my draft notice on September 20th 1965 and reported for duty October 11, 1965. There was Basic Training, advanced training and orders to Vietnam on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving 1965. That was our beginning and soon it will be our 50th Anniversary in 2 days. Not sure there is space enough here to tell you what she has gone through with me, but I can say it took a strong women to do it. She will be my love always and forever.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #11

My mom and dad loved to dance together and won some "just for fun" contests. In April 2013 she was diagnosed with what turned out to be stage 4 liver cancer. There was a treatment they opted for to try to shrink the tumors to bring her some comfort and maybe a few more weeks. She became pretty foggy really quick and by the time the treatment day came, she was pretty out of it mentally. They prepped her for the procedure and ran some tests only to find out the treatment was no longer an option. So right there we found out there were no more options for her. We were all kind of stunned and had to get her dressed (which dad did) and back in her wheel chair to leave. Dad kept standing her up and telling her to turn around to sit in the wheel chair, but she kept turning around and sitting back down on the bed. Finally Dad said to her, " Donna, dance with me" and he danced her into the wheel chair. I and the nurses were touched to tears. True love to the very end and beyond. It's so beautiful and stunning to see with your very own eyes.
Wanabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #12

This is very sweet, like Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook come to life! Thank you for sharing.
KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-Am.Star View Post
Another part of the true love is where my wife and I are today, and where we were when we were first married. We married after 2 years of dating and engagement on September 18, 1965 I got my draft notice on September 20th 1965 and reported for duty October 11, 1965. There was Basic Training, advanced training and orders to Vietnam on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving 1965. That was our beginning and soon it will be our 50th Anniversary in 2 days. Not sure there is space enough here to tell you what she has gone through with me, but I can say it took a strong women to do it. She will be my love always and forever.
Happy anniversary! Love is a choice - you have both chosen well.
Wanabes is offline   Reply With Quote