Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2015, 10:59 AM   #15

a really hot but cool looking rid ... what what .. i know some one else would say it if it was not me

sorry over the RV as i know what a RV fire can do first hand

but soon you may have a newer cooler RV in the works
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Bummer for sure, I just hope that the insurance Company/Companies make you whole again. Best to you in the future.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:44 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry for your loss but glad nobody was hurt.

If you get the insurance settled and all check into Lazy Days fly and drive program since you were going to Florida on vacation it might work out for you.

Fly & Drive

Good Luck,
Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry to hear of your loss. Very heart breaking as you are gearing up for holidays. Good luck on getting things settled and a replacement RV.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:03 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was prepared to make a joke.. .>Hopefully insurance will settle quickly and you can get into a new rig.

NOTE: I know the warehouse says We are not responsible.. but I'll bet your insurance company makes them pay.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #20

Thats horrible

If you dont mind me asking where are you out of?
bwistorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:25 PM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry for your loss, insurance should help. there is never a good time for this sort of incident, So sorry, try to make the best of it. good luck
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwistorage View Post
If you dont mind me asking where are you out of?
I think he's out of Mulberry, FL. He's got his own webpage or photo page showing the rebuild of that rig.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
I think he's out of Mulberry, FL. He's got his own webpage or photo page showing the rebuild of that rig.

i am not 100% sure if you guys are talking about me but when i see mulberry FL .. yes that would be me as well but i am not in mulberry any more
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
i am not 100% sure if you guys are talking about me but when i see mulberry FL .. yes that would be me as well but i am not in mulberry any more
yep, "bwistorage" above asked you where you were out of. I looked at your iRV2 public profile and saw the Mulberry, Fl so I posted that I thought you were there. So, yes that was in reference to you.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:07 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Love to hear how this goes with the insurance companies. Hopefully it all works out.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:12 AM   #26

Thanks to all for your positive comments and support. A few days have gone by since this happened and we are now beginning the process of moving forward.

A few thoughts about insurance coverage, I wish I had taken an hour or two to estimate the motorhome content. I would have realized that I was under-insured from this perspective. A word of advice, check your contracts carefully. And take photos of your personal effects.

When we called our insurance company, an adjuster informed me that we would not likely see an outcome in 30 days as I would have hoped. i presume this is because the building fire appears to be suspicious. Over $2 Million in recreational vehicles have been destroyed.

As for finding a new motorhome, I am starting to search, but the value of the Canadian dollar has added a 20% limitation when considering US owned vehicles.

Will keep you posted as more unfolds.
mar000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:20 AM   #27

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar000 View Post
Thanks to all for your positive comments and support. A few days have gone by since this happened and we are now beginning the process of moving forward.

A few thoughts about insurance coverage, I wish I had taken an hour or two to estimate the motorhome content. I would have realized that I was under-insured from this perspective. A word of advice, check your contracts carefully. And take photos of your personal effects.

When we called our insurance company, an adjuster informed me that we would not likely see an outcome in 30 days as I would have hoped. i presume this is because the building fire appears to be suspicious. Over $2 Million in recreational vehicles have been destroyed.

As for finding a new motorhome, I am starting to search, but the value of the Canadian dollar has added a 20% limitation when considering US owned vehicles.

Will keep you posted as more unfolds.
Please do keep us informed. I do not know anyone or have not seen a thread on this type of incident. It can be very informative and you can help a lot of us out by posting your journey through all of this. Your suggestion about the contents is a good one and I plan on asking my insurance company about content coverage. Good Luck to you
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:52 AM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
This is not meant to be a jab or any thing like it "but" I have been criticized for having full coverage on my old MH but this is why I have Full Coverage.
You just never know when something like this happens.
You have a great idea (a little late for you) but I will start taken pictures of my stuff, Heck I will do the same on the S&B
Best of luck going forward, I would really be bummed out.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote