Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thought I'd share this

I got this e-mail today from a friend and thought it was worth while to pass on.

We don't know who replied, but there is a beautiful soul working in the dead letter office of the US postal service.

Our 14-year-old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away my 4-year-old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so, and she dictated these words:

Dear God,

Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.

I hope you will play with her.. She likes to swim and play with balls. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her you will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.

Love, Meredith

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,

Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help and I recognized her right away.

Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by.

Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I'm easy to find. I am wherever there is love.

Love,

God

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #2

That is a beautiful, heartwarming story !! It renews your faith in mankind, doesn't it ? Please forward this to Meredith and tell her that Fred ( the dog ) sends her a hug from Tennessee ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Delux Dawg.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	21760  

rvguy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
Thank you for sharing your story....
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #4

That is so sweet. What a precious little girl. And, uh. What God said about Mom.
SKP #111927
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
These kinds of stories are nice and often more fantasy than fact. Certainly they are rooted out of good intentions so no one should be offended.

HOWEVER....this is a true story.

snopes.com: Letter from God about Abbey (Dead Dog)

Some things are just too good to be true but they are true anyway.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodburner View Post
I got this e-mail today from a friend and thought it was worth while to pass on.

We don't know who replied, but there is a beautiful soul working in the dead letter office of the US postal service.

Our 14-year-old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away my 4-year-old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so, and she dictated these words:

Dear God,

Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.

I hope you will play with her.. She likes to swim and play with balls. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her you will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.

Love, Meredith

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,

Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help and I recognized her right away.

Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by.

Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I'm easy to find. I am wherever there is love.

Love,

God

You made my day thank you.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, nice story!!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Wow! What a heart warming story. Thanks for sharing. Don't care if it's real or a made up story, taking it for it's face value and it's very nice.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
There are a lot of good folks outb there, and they show up when you least expect it.
This letter made my day also.
Thanks for posting it.
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Great story, brought a tear to the eye.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #11

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee
Great story, brought a tear to the eye.
Ditto! Very touching.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by athuddriver View Post
These kinds of stories are nice and often more fantasy than fact. Certainly they are rooted out of good intentions so no one should be offended.

HOWEVER....this is a true story.

snopes.com: Letter from God about Abbey (Dead Dog)

Some things are just too good to be true but they are true anyway.
Just looked it up too.... then saw your post ...some of us just have to know the truth....it is a nice story.... D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #13

Nice story. Very nice.