Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #15
My ex had lasik surgery years ago and no longer need glasses or contacts for daily use. She did however still need reading glasses. At last count she had 10 pairs scattered all over the house, cars, rv, etc.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #16
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
My ex had lasik surgery years ago and no longer need glasses or contacts for daily use. She did however still need reading glasses. At last count she had 10 pairs scattered all over the house, cars, rv, etc.
Shortly after I turned 40 (the year the warranty ran out on my body), all needed when I got my first glasses were readers but I didn't want to horse around taking them on and off nor waste time looking for them so my doctor set me up with bifocals that a minimal correction in the main lens (so the insurance I had back then would pay for them) and the necessary correction in the lower lens. I just kept those glasses on my face all day long. Mayhap your ex could benefit from something like that.

LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Zenni Optical

For those on a budget. Great place online to buy prescription glasses. Hundreds of frame choices. Mine cost $8. I have 5 pairs scattered about so I can always find a pair. And I have a pair of prescription sunglasses
2002 National Dolphin LX 6356
Workhorse W-22 chassis
Don't believe everything you think.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
I finally gave up and had the monovision laser surgery last month. No more glasses. I can now read the road signs and menus in dark restaurants.
DW and I had the same procedure 6 years ago and have been very happy with it.

No glasses needed for reading OR distance. It took a little getting used to but the brain seems to adjust to almost anything.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #19
Many years back, I worked with a Boeing training pilot who had double tri-focals. The bottom half of the lenses were tri-focals for looking at the main instrument panels in front of him and a bit down. The upper half were for looking up at the overhead instrument panel.

I could never understand why he still had a pilot's license, but he was one of the best instructors we had. The 747 used to talk to him somehow.
Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and now ex-RVers, as of 08 Dec 14.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #20
When I wore contacts, I had mono-vision. One lens for close-up and one for distant. Easy to get used to. I had my optometrist write me a script so when I was doing close up work, both eyes were the same focus.

A great place to get readers is at the 99 cent store.

If you have older glasses that have fine scratches, use some Pledge spray wax on them. You would be amazed how much it helps. I have some I use in the shop and at times, it's hard to tell the difference from my good glasses.
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #21
I am so blind that my glasses go on in the morning and off at night, keep them on the night stand. DH is always looking for his glasses. I am of the mind that have to be waring glasses to find glasses. So glad to see [ no pund intented] others have the same problem!!

mollyabby is offline   Reply With Quote