Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-24-2015, 05:37 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Time for a newer MH?

Looked at a 2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38 Gasser yesterday. I was just looking in the Dealer lot waiting to pick up my KarKaddySS . Exterior is in great shape it has 25,000 miles. It has everything we want. The problem is they (PO) had Cats and they tore up the leather, nothing bad just alot of claw marks. It has real Alcoa (sp) rims. The tires are shot, Michelin's and all crackling up. I wouldn't drive it off the lot with the tires that are on it.
They are asking $70,000 but was told they will deal on it as they have had it on the lot awhile. I was thinking of making a offer of $50,000 and they replace the tires. I would sell the 82 my self, have had a lot of interest in her.
Your Thoughts,

1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2015, 06:41 AM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
NADA low retail is $68,200.
New tires $3,000 new couch $1,000
Change your offer to 60K and new tires & couch.

Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:53 AM   #3
It's still $50k. That is 7 of mine + a toad. Are you sure you want to go down this road? You will be kicked out of the vintage section as well. That alone is cause for concern.
1992 Bounder 28T, Chevy 454, Yak Rak
2000 Trackatara
Scottsdale, AZ
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:12 AM   #4
Tim, you have to know working with a dealer on a coach is going to be an expensive lesson in frustration.

I get considering updating, but go through a private party. Your chances of finding another gem like the one you have are MUCH better that way.
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:59 AM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
This rig is way over priced. Keep looking, I would'nt buy it for 50K and new tires. Just my opinion and I've purchased two used motor homes in the last four years.
2012 Winnebago Journey 40U 2013 Chevy Equinox
Popcorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote