Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-23-2016, 04:19 AM   #1
Tips camping with 11month old baby?

Hi there. We've camped for several years with our old farm doggy. Now he's passed on the rainbow bridge and we have an almost one year old baby. Any tips? We went twice last year when babe was little. It was easier since it was dark at night and he'd sleep in stroller for naps. Now, he's used to his routine of crib naps. Any general tips for camping? He's not walking yet. I bought a gated "baby jail" for outside. Folding rocking chair. Might put towels on window to darken. Any other tips welcome Should be interesting as he's a sensitive little guy but loves outdoors. Sleep could be main challenge! Wish us luck

BluenoseChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #2

You'll get more answers if you tell us what type of RV you have.

If you go to the top of the page and hit the tab marked User CP you'll get a drop down for "edit signature". Input what you have and it will appear like mine does at the bottom of my post. Then you won't have to post your RV info all the time.

Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #3
Leave home......have fun. Either way 1 year olds require pretty much constant attention.
1998 Tioga Class C
400 amp/hrs solar, Trimetric
Retire 2020 GLW
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:42 AM   #4
Many years back we went camping with friends who had a small baby. They decided that since things would be different for the baby on this trip, this would be the time to take away it's pacifier so they didn't bring it. WRONG!!! Miserable trip, baby cried all the time. Just keep things simple and similar. Don't try to do to much and get the little one over tired. Have fun.
Jim and Shirley McGehee
2004 Beaver Monterey Laguna
2013 Honda Fit Toad, 2003 Jeep Liberty Toad
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #5
We've been camping with our 3 year old son since he was 6 months old. Wifey found a small playpen and crib 2e could take along. We don't use either one anymore now. We didn't treat him any differently camping or not camping. The upgrade from a 5th wheel to a motorhome over the winter has made traveling so much easier.
2016 Fleetwood Bounder 36E
pchuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:34 AM   #6
Well, we survived as I knew we would but of course, naps and sleep were a challenge as expected. He loves checking out all the sights on our walk. The friendly chipmunks are his favourite! Heading home today. Great weather. I love our trailer that we bought when I was pregnant, however now that he's almost a year, there's a few different things I would have wanted for trailer features (such as outdoor kitchen, separate area for rear bunks so we don't disturb him if we need to enter). Still a nice weekend. Can't wait for more trips
BluenoseChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:55 PM   #7
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Some tips:
1.buy a larger RV and bring your in laws or parents when you go camping.

Doing a root cause analysis review I would suggest the following:
A.Sleep in two different rooms. ( if you get my drift)
B. A headache seems to work.
Sorry for my cheekyness...but couldn't resist. No offense intended.
2013 Wind River 250 RDSW
2012 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins
Member Outdoors RV Forum
Lac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:29 PM   #8
Vintage RV Owners Club
In general, I was going to tell you that my boys all seemed to get more tired more quickly the more outside they were... so sleep wasnt too much of a problem for us... just go have fun and wear them out!
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:45 PM   #9
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Camped for many years with little ones. Give in to their schedule; don't try to move nap time just to get in that longer hike. Get a really good child backpacks; my kids visited many big western parks bobbing along on mom or dad's back. My recipe for raising kids was "Feed frequently and run their legs off." That is easy when camping.

2014 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 240 RKS
2015 Ram 2500 Diesel
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote