Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #57

I once got a not so polite PM from a member not wanting me posting helpful hints or solutions to a problem or whatever in the Monaco section, because I didn't own a Monaco.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I once got a not so polite PM from a member not wanting me posting helpful hints or solutions to a problem or whatever in the Monaco section, because I didn't own a Monaco.
Thats neat Dunner!
How dare you provide good information. ;-)
Some folks figger that a post is "members only" even if it is totally public.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Baron View Post
Who says it should be challenged...you? Who determines whether or not the info is bad...you? Who declared you the expert...you? Maybe there are times when any of us should just keep shut...but apparently the temptation to correct (and lecture or demean) for some people is just way too strong. I personally choose to hang and drink beer with the other type.
Perfect example of original post!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #60
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Thats neat Dunner!
How dare you provide good information. ;-)
Some folks figger that a post is "members only" even if it is totally public.
Let me think for a minute. What is common to the motor homes. Could it be the Norcold, the lippert system, the HWH system, the Kwikee systme, the awnings, the Cumins, the Cat....I must be missing some things. So I can understand posting answers about generic questions. What I don't understand is posting generic questions in a specific user group forum.

Personally, I don't even see those forums in my thread list. I have removed them from my list forever so those who post about a Norcold refrigerator in a Monaco, or any other "owners" thread (except winnebago and related equipment), well, I'll never see it. I may have the most correct answer, but I'll never see the question to post the answer.

Dunner, that was rude of that poster. They should have thanked you for your input.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wayne M

Check your email for a PM regarding a slide out problem on my 39W.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #62

Carolina Campers
Quote:
You know the saying.... No good deed will stop an old grumpy man from complaining about something.... LOL (jest, jest... kidding.... hehe).
Old 10-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M

Let me think for a minute. What is common to the motor homes. Could it be the Norcold, the lippert system, the HWH system, the Kwikee systme, the awnings, the Cumins, the Cat....I must be missing some things. So I can understand posting answers about generic questions. What I don't understand is posting generic questions in a specific user group forum.

Personally, I don't even see those forums in my thread list. I have removed them from my list forever so those who post about a Norcold refrigerator in a Monaco, or any other "owners" thread (except winnebago and related equipment), well, I'll never see it. I may have the most correct answer, but I'll never see the question to post the answer.

Dunner, that was rude of that poster. They should have thanked you for your input.
Wayne - is tile not tile. Is carpet not carpet. The list of commons goes on and on. I still venture into the no mans land of another brand - but rarely.

I have started watching for folks posting about my year - make and model - and PM'd one the other day introducing myself with some of the things we've done to ours and plan to do. Guess they haven't been online the past week or so cause I didn't hear back. Or maybe I was grumpy with them once or reached out before and didn't remember - a possibility I actually mentioned in the PM.

So answer the PM you just got about the slide - which I know full well you will!!
Steve
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Steve

Wayne M has already responded. We share the same model Coach on different chassis's.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #65
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just wish there was a button to complain about the posts saying basically "Those XYZ RV's are junk...my PDQ RV is much better" or "That device is stupid. Why would anyone waste your money?"

Unfortunately, these posts do not violate any forum rules -do they?

I just want to reply "WOW! How was that helpful?"

Would love to hear the opinion...just support it with a little detail...please!?

And about posts with incorrect information...I have started using the title "Fact Check" and always use a specific link. Have gotten quite a few "thanks" using that and have yet to be flamed...knock wood.

Safe travels to all
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #66

I think that this needless anger and the need to strike out at anyone who disagrees is just the sign of the times. It's fueled by the endless media attacks on those who disagree. It's a constant us vs. them mentality.

It's just sad that we can't discuss anything nowdays without degrading to "you're any idiot", or worse. It seems that there is no more civil discourse. Politics and religion have always been divisive, but today we are paralyzed with an inability to agree on things that should be done for the common good. Even on how to enjoy our RV experience.

I don't want to argue about anything. Many people are so set in their thinking that they will not accept any other viewpoint.

This has filtered down to the weblog. People write just as they act in public. Mean, argumentative responses that are just not helpful. Why the rage?

One of my very best pals has become a very grumpy old man. He always gets so mad when he sees people doing things incorrectly or worse, doing things that are not the way he would do them. I always tell him, don't fret over things you cant control. Even his kids and grandkids have taken to calling him grumpy. I guess it's part of getting old for some people.
jamesgr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #67

I just click on "New Posts" or "Todays Post" and either read and/or answer if I can. Don't really care what brand it is if I have a correct and beneficial answer, especially if no one else has responded. Am I doing it wrong?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:22 AM   #68
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Members who hangout exclusively in brand specific forums are missing out on some of the best advice by other members who don't / won't go there (IMO ) . It's their prerogative to post there but they are not permitted to insist on excluding or complain about others who participate in threads there. We jump all over those who try. If you get a PM to that effect , we can't assist unless you notify us.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #69

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I chuckle at the original post. Associating old with grumpy, and men with old and memory loss with being old; all the time pleading a case for civility. Chiding the elderly in general with "if you can remember that far back" or to that effect is inherently offensive to someone.

I'm confident the OP mean't no offense and is sincerely trying to make a legitimate point about respectful dialogue and behavior on IRV2. The posting however illustrates how difficult it can be to post something so neutral no one is offended.

Part of the problem is the written word is one of the poorest methods of communication. It takes some literary dexterity to choose exactly the correct words to convey meaning. Most of us do not posses the skills (I'm not suggesting I do) or even want to dedicate the time required to write words that are so neutral they cannot offend when seen in print.

The other problem is that written words hang there, in print, indelible, so they can be read over and over again, thereby offending over and over again; there is no escaping their presence except to step away.

Moderators do an excellent job of monitoring and correcting offensive writings and keeping the forum within the stated rules of engagement.

I am going to quit writing now because frankly I cannot remember the rest of what I wanted to say.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #70
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
"It's Black"

"No it's Ebony"

"Looks Blue To Me"

"Are you kidding? It's Magenta"

My point is some people have the inherent need to be right at any expense.

Tags
forum