Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Toni.... with an 'I'

On Friday evening, the last day of the rally, I got the not so brilliant idea of a way to have some fun and maybe spread some good cheer around the campground. I had a couple of 18 packs of Coors Lite Beer and a gallon jar of Hot Weenies. I borrowed a cooler from Jim and Toni, loaded the beer in it and put the ''Hot Weenees'' jar in a cloth sack for easy carrying. I figured I would need some sort of ''sounding devise'' and since I did not have a whistle I chose the cow bell off the step on the motor home. It has about two foot of chain and I put a leather strap on that for easy handling. Now I could walk along with my ''Hot Weenees'' in a sack, in a jar, my cold beer in a cooler with wheels and a pull handle, my ''tongs'' hung in my suspender strap, for removing the ''Hot Weenees'' from the gallon jar, with a cow bell dragging the ground behind making a ''clang clang noise'' to attract attention.
''HOT WEENEES, COLD BEER............ ALL FOR FREE'' was my retort to anyone whom would listen. Several asked why I was ''dragging a bell on a chain?'' ''Silly person,,,,,,,, HAVE YOU EVER TRIED PUSHING A COW BELL ON A CHAIN?''.............'' You wanna cold beer and a hot weenee?''

It took about half a block for me to realize that a cooler full of beer, ice, and a gallon of Hot Weenees was gonna be a load for this old man with a set of tongs stuck in his suspender strap dragging a cow bell on a chain because that was easier than pushin' it. I made it to the end of the block when a cute little Italian lady named Toni, with an ''I'' came over and asked for a Cold Beer and a Hot Weenee and said in her Jersey accent with a touch of Italian voice....... ''AhhhhaH!!!, U outta ur stupid mind Seajay... U gonna get a flamin' hernia draggin' that cooler full of beer and ice and that bag of Hot Weenees wit the tongs thing stickin in your suspender strap draggin that stupid bell on a chain cause its easier than pushin' it. Wassa mattah U?''..........''Go get U pickup truck and put all this stuff on the tail gate and tie the stupid bell on a chain to your hitch thing on the back wit ur' tongs stickin out ur' suspender strap. Now,,,,,,,,, gimme a Hot one and a cold Beeaha.''
It would take a pure idiot to argue with that kind of Jersey logic from a cute little Italian girl who had loaned me the cooler in the first place.
A crowd soon gathered at the end of the road to see what the '''commotion'' was about and I started handing out Hot Weenees and cold beer by the bunches. It seems everyone knew what Cold Beer was but some had never seen Hot Weenees in a jar. Before I left I had Willa cut up a couple into bite size chunks to give out as samples for the ''new people'' to taste. Some of the people asked if I was making up money for the Wounded Warriors Project and I told them No, that I was just doing this on my dime and just for the fun of it. Several laughed and said ''Bull Spit'' and shoved donations into my hand and told me to put this donation with the rest of the fifty fifty money that would be sent to the Wounded Warriors Project. It did my heart good to see the generosity of my fellow campers.

Some tried the Hot Weenees and said ''Yuck'' and some tried them and said ''Can I have another one please''.
I walked back to the camp sight and got the truck. Toni, with an I and another person hefted the cooler on the back of the truck and we sat the Hot Weenees on the back also. The cow bell was tied to the hitch and I rolled out at two miles per hour yelling ''HOT WEENEES AND COLD BEER ...ALL FOR FREE''. I worked this until it started threatening rain and gave it up for the evening. I had fun and met lots of nice people.........

This was the first rally for Willa and me. We had the great opportunity to meet many people and say hi to them. Me and Lynn VT sold fifty fifty tickets to the people as they came in the dining hall and again had the opportunity to meet probably all the people attending the event. While selling the tickets I was wearing my ''Tux T shirt'' that I had order just for this event and a lot of people got a kick out of the shirt. Several took pictures. I met some really good people with a common interest and I helped in a small way to raise money for my favorite charity called Wounded Warriors Project.
I would advise everyone to attend at least one National Rally. You get to meet the ''faces'' of the people that post here on IRV2, give them a hug or a handshake and you get to make new friends and if you are really lucky you just may get to meet a pretty little Italian lady from Jersey named ''Toni'' with an ''I''.....

God bless our Wounded Warriors ..................

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
I told you so!!!!!

I would like to take the opportunity to say that before SeaJay went out with his "weenies and beer", I pointed out that pushing/dragging this burden long would be terrifically tiresome at best and at the worst would cause a heart attack or perhaps a severly injured back ( or the BIG whammy: BOTH! ). I suggested loading his goodies onto the back of our "toad", a F-10 Ford Ranger pickup truck, and drive around the campground. This would mean he could cover more space and see more people and manage not to end up in the local ER. He looked at me with the condescending look mixed with the tolerant smile that he has perfected and said, " Little Girl, I don't NEED to use the truck.....this is why there are wheels on the cooler. I'm a MAN!! I can do it my way with NO problem. If I weren't a fine Southern lady I would interject an "I TOLD YOU SO" right about here.

Thanks to all of you who donated to The Wounded Warriors. God bless America and God bless our troops.
seajays lady is offline   Reply With Quote