RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #1

Too old RV ?

I have heard that some places won't accept you if your RV is more than 10 years old ? Is that a prevalent reality or b.s. passed around ? It's not like I would want to be driving Cousin Eddy's RV anyway. ( seen below ) :

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...G?format=2500w

TourNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2017, 04:02 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Never had any trouble.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
We’ve been asked the age of our rv a number of times over 40 years or so, and one place asked for a photo one time (recently). Never been turned away, and have parked next to much older units than ours over the years which were obviously maintained. I’d guess if they’d been Cousin Eddies that may have changed things.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #4

Mine looks like that and I've never been turned away.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackymac View Post
Mine looks like that and I've never been turned away.
You must be here in Quartzsite....lol
Old 12-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #6

We haven't been turned away yet, but have been asked by parks what the age of our coach is. Haven't had to submit a photo yet.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:42 PM   #7
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
Never been turned away... If I was, I probably wouldn't want to stay there anyway..

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:19 PM   #8

Several RV resorts that we have stayed at have asked what year is our 5ER. They will let you stay there upon inspection if the unit is over 10 years. It is the RV resorts way to keep out undesirable units out. A couple of parks will not take towed behind trailers. 5ER's and class C units had to be over a certain length to stay at the park.

Their park and their rules apply, I have no issue with the resorts requirements and I am willing to stay at these type of resorts.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #9

Went to a very nice, newer "rv resort" in Michigan that had the 10 year rule this past summer. When we got there there were 2 units in particular that looked like rolling junk yards. I guess they must have been less than 10 yrs old.

We've never been questioned and never had an rv less than 10 years old. My money is newer than 10 years and if they want it they'll let me in.

TomC
TCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #10

Foretravel Owners Club
We have only came across one "resort" that said that our coach was "too old" according to the young girl in the office...as I was leaving (did not say another word to her about our coach) several campers & the Manager/Owner who were on the front porch were talking about the "really nice coach outside".
The Manager/owner of the "resort" was telling them that the nice coach was what they really liked to see..not older coaches... SO..I just pointed out that the "really Nice" coach they were talking about was ours, and that it was "TOO OLD" for them. But not to worry.. there was another "Resort" nearby that would be more than happy to take our money...and left.
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:48 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
We have only came across one "resort" that said that our coach was "too old" according to the young girl in the office...as I was leaving (did not say another word to her about our coach) several campers & the Manager/Owner who were on the front porch were talking about the "really nice coach outside".
The Manager/owner of the "resort" was telling them that the nice coach was what they really liked to see..not older coaches... SO..I just pointed out that the "really Nice" coach they were talking about was ours, and that it was "TOO OLD" for them. But not to worry.. there was another "Resort" nearby that would be more than happy to take our money...and left.
HA!!! Good for you!

Don't know where I'm going, spose I'll get there anyway.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #12

I remember when we bought our first motorhome. We wanted to stay in a campground that was located by a water park we always went to. When we called to make reservations they asked me how old my rv was and I asked why. They replied they didn't allow rigs over 10 years. I laughed and hung up. Ours was ony 2 years old but would never want to stay in a place with people who obviously care more about who they appear to be than who they really are...
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:58 AM   #13

5 1/2 years on the road. Only one park asked us to submit a photo due to a ten year rule. They let us in. 2002. This was the resort side of Portal RV in Moab.
Jake21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:16 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
I think it depends on how long you want to stay and what the condition of your rig
I have been trying to find a place in Oregon to stay for 6 months at a time a lot of places have the 10 year rule. My rig is 34 when I show them a picture most of them say email a picture to the manager they are pretty sure that I will be able to stay.

Remember most of the time the people behind the counter are not the owner. They are most likely a work camper.
I have found out that if resort is in the name the answer is almost always sorry we have a strict 10 year policy.

Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote