Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #15

Connecticut passed a law requiring a boating licence.Not sure if it is still the same but if you are new at boating and buy your first boat you have a year to get your licence.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrbob View Post
Connecticut passed a law requiring a boating licence.Not sure if it is still the same but if you are new at boating and buy your first boat you have a year to get your licence.
NY now requires the Coast Guard boaters safety course to operate PWCs. I assume this is due to the large number of accidents with them. The Coast Guard was nice enough to replace our old diploma size certificates for nice wallet size we keep right on board. We believe that anyone operating any boat should take the course. It's not hard and might wake up some people to basic boating rules and safety.

Down here in the Keys we bring a 14' Zodiac with a 30HP Evinrude. Small enough to get in the basement storage but big enough to almost be noticed. A real boat would be great but one can only drag so much stuff. The air horn is a good idea. No Wally World here but I bet Kmart has one.

One question I have, not so much on the ocean but at home on our lake. Why is there a 15' tall buoy with lights to tell you that you are in the channel and deep enough water but only a 3' tall pin buoy to tell you that you are about to run aground?

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #17

In Texas, in accordance with the law, you MUST do the following to get your boat licensed,

1. Take a safety course
2. Pay the state a lot of money
3. Have an IQ of over 25
4. No U.S. Navy personnell permitted to operate boats in Texas waters

1. and 4. are enforced.
3. pretain to the U.S.Army
2. Is for Marines only, cause they work and make a living.

However, I have just about giving up my daily reading of the Leatherneck.com forums. They have many jokes there, many lies, but darned if Seajay's dont top em all.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
(quote) However, I have just about giving up my daily reading of the Leatherneck.com forums. They have many jokes there, many lies, but darned if Seajay's dont top em all. (end quote)

Folks, I want everyone to under stand that this is a ''back handed compliment from a Marine to a Sailor''. Mick the Marine is actually stating a compliment, in Marine talk, to myself, a Sailor, indicating that I myself, A Sailor, am a bigger lier than all the Marines that post on Leatherneck.com. This is a real compliment and I shall cherish these words until I go to the bathroom later today. I thank Mick the Marine for the compliment and when I find enough ''small words'' to make a sentence he and Wayne the Marine can understand, I shall return the compliment in some ''like fashion'' that they can understand.

Lets all thank our veterans for their service to this nation.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #19

Seajay
For me and maybe others that went to night school could you turn the lights down so we can read better?Small words are a good idea too.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Seajay, when you go to the bathroom later today, pat yourself on the head a few times.

It works for Catchup!

Mick, thanks for being there. I like the reprieve that you have offered me. That pile of "crap" with a marshmallow on top just doesn't get it.

My Porta-a-boat ( that has never seen water) was registered (licensed) without having to show any proof of "seamanship." I guess they know that Marines know about all that stuff. (I spent two years as a Marine Communicator on a big banana boat, AGC-11) Seajay is probably only half as knowledgeable with 4 years on the Norton.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #21

Heheheheheheeee...we have also found out that horn is great for scaring away racoons! Seajay is absolutely right when he said that boat would have hit us head on if he hadn't moved. Things do happen and most of us have made a mistake while driving our car, so "coping" an attitude with the man wouldn't have helped either one of us. Dang, I'm glad we didn't go for an unexpected swim......that's your department, Seajay!! And like so many other things, you are VERY good at it!!

« G force | Rentals »