Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #15
One red cross spokesperson replied to the question "where did all the money go"?, saying- "we are saving it for future disasters". This was a few months after Hurricane Katrina. Everyone who believed that stand on your head while drinking water. Just for kicks, look online at the salaries of the top red cross management.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #16
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
One red cross spokesperson replied to the question "where did all the money go"?, saying- "we are saving it for future disasters". This was a few months after Hurricane Katrina. Everyone who believed that stand on your head while drinking water. Just for kicks, look online at the salaries of the top red cross management.
If you have some time watch this video. This will tell and show you all about "where the money went" from the Red Cross. It's a real eye opener for those who believe.

How did the Red Cross spend $106 Million Dollars in Haiti........: Other Conspiracies; How did the Red Cross spend $106 Million Dollars in Haiti........ April 01, 2010 — ...

Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #17
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
By the way.. Just went shopping, I am in serious need of things like T-Shirts as my old ones are all getting religion (Holy, er, Holey)

Got some very nice ones, even my size, at the Salvation Army store.

Alas, on my budget that and my time is best I can do.. Will go back for more later.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #18
Is it true the Red Cross sends you a bill if you donate to them? Someone said why not- they charge for everything else/ Never heard of such things...
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Most the money donated to Red Cross goes to pay there over paid employes. CEO makes over 565,000.00 a year, what they call a Gift Officer make 85,000.00 a year and most local leaders make 45,000.00 a year, but most of the work is done by volunteers.
2009 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Living the good life USCG
Todd, Cheryl, Allen, Megan & Kayla
Camping4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:28 AM   #20
Here is why I do not support or donate to the Red Cross: End of WWII- Military personnel in Europe told they can get home anyway they can. My father ended up on East coast with no money, along with thousands of others. How to get home? Went to Red Cross-they would lend him the money and charge interest. He then went to the Salvation Army--they asked how much he needed and then GAVE him what he needed. Didn't ask for repayment or interest! The Red Cross wanted to profit off the military people that fought for our country--some organization!! Dad swore he would NEVER give to that *#*# Red Cross, so neither do I.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #21
Originally Posted by 85Eagle View Post
Why would anyone donate to the Red Cross look what they have NOT DONE FOR HAITI, WHERE DID ALL THE MONEY GO?
Look up the amount the Red Cross execs get, you won't believe it. Have you noticed they have said send cash instead of goods?
wingman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #22
Winnebago Owners Club
Hey folks, we all have our favorite charities. This is not the time to argue who does the best job, just get behind somebody and give. These people are hurting and need our help. Steve and Denise are right, if we can afford the motorhomes and travel for the pleasure of it, we can afford a few bucks for folks that have lost everything. Please give, be it Red Cross, Salvation Army, or who ever. Thanks
2012 Salem Villa
Navy VietNam Vet Dong Ha Ramp 68-69
Indian Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:29 AM   #23
Nitehawk and I, it seems, have a similar story to tell about their father.

But, that is our own families experiences and opinions, and as Indian Creek has mentioned, pick your favorite organization and donate for those poor folks!

Perhaps, at some time in the future when we are not in the midst of a national tragedy, we may discuss the pros and cons of various charities.
Walter & Garland - Camp Canine Caretakers
DOTLDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #24
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by srzak View Post
If we can afford a motorhome we should be able to send a few dollars to the Red Cross to help all the people who need it now.
red X. Not now, not ever, NEVER!
Wretched excess is just barely enough.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #25
I'm curious why it takes a disaster to make you want to give. I give on a regular basis so it's already there when people need it. I don't give to the Red Cross or the other bloated agencies with professional money raisers. I suggest you find a local charity that has national ties. Your local Fire Dept. Chaplaincy program, Police Chaplains, Veterans or homeless as you see fit. Your regular donations will be appreciated. It doesn't have to be a large sum, just a regular amount that they can count on getting.

Just my way, and I've been called a fool before.

bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #26
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
All of us should do something all the time. What ever your cause give time and money year round. Do your research and spend time and money where you see smiles and people who appreciate what you do.

Choose the organization that meets your needs.
Jeff & Elaine
2015 Thor Challenger 37GT
Eastern North Carolina
Chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #27
Monaco Owners Club
As we all do in our own way is to help who ever we can when they need it. Besides Red cross. St. Jude. Cancer.heart. hospice. Firemen and policeman . When 911 or Katrina happened we help . does it all go to the right places. We hope so. Does it feel good to help

Damn straight. We should worry more about the people who need aid. This country is so me me me. Not the way I was raised. If a neighbor needed help the whole neighborhood would jump in and help. Too bad it's not like that anymore.

Steve & Denise
2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36.6 ft
w22, 8.1 Vacaville, Ca.
srzak is offline   Reply With Quote