Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablewizard View Post
I saw on a web site where the Arizona Hells Angles will also be in Tucson along with others to help shield the families from these trouble makers.
I love it. We really do live in a world turned upsidedown when we welcome the Hells Angels to shield us from trouble makers.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #30

Freightliner Owners Club
Would someone please post the evidence that this horrible event was caused by political discussion? You can't because it wasn't. Dupnik is irresponsible and is a man with a political agenda.

We should be discussing the problem of mental illness and how we can deal with people like Loughner in this free society with the laws we have regarding institutionalizing the mentally ill.

This guy was ignored by local authorities (including Dupnik) and that is where the problem lies. Dupnik is covering his tracks and blaming others without evidence.

Nick

Old 01-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #31
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Don't worry. Our main guy is flying out tonight and he'll straighten it all out.

Maybe get a round of Golf in also.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #32

Freightliner Owners Club
This says it all, and quite well I might add.

http://townhall.com/cartoons/2011/1/12/77550

Nick
Old 01-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #33

Jayco Owners Club
Gotta love the Patriot Guard. Some of you reading this are members. THANK YOU!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #34

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I love it. We really do live in a world turned upsidedown when we welcome the Hells Angels to shield us from trouble makers.

Rick

My thoughts also Rick. Doesn't say much for present day society in general does it?

Dieselclacker
Old 01-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post

Rick
Not that I am a supporter of the Angels but their organization was founded by disaffected veterans. Perhaps there is some level of being an American despite their illegal lifestyle.
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #36

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Whats sad to me, is that there has to be a guard, or legislation passed for a buffer zone between a funeral for innocent victims of this senseless shooting. Its a funeral for heavens sake, a time for remembering and grieving lost loved ones, not a place or a forum for a protest, political or otherwise. These are my thoughts anyway.

Dieselclacker
Old 01-13-2011, 02:02 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
What a GREAT speach tonight by all speakers, not politicial but humanitiarian
Old 01-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegascouple View Post
I could not agree more with your statement! It's truly sad what has happened to our country the last couple of years. What's happened to respect for our fellow human beings? It was obvious there was a big problem brewing when people started purchasing warehouses full of ammo after Obama was elected. I thought seriously about getting armed at that time, but now it's painfully obvious that we all need to be armed to protect ourselves from the crazies! I've never really felt the need to be armed but I do now! I'm sure everyone on this board knows a lot more about the latest in firearms than I do. I hate to say price is no object but I am willing to spend whatever it takes. What do you recommend?
I think I would confront a person carrying a gun at a political rally. Just to tell him how foolish and inappropriate he is. What's his point? Just to display the right to have a gun? to me it's a definite threat.
I have a handgun, I guess I didn't want to be the only one in America without one. I learned how to use it at the range with at least thirty complete gun nuts. It's a dangerous thing and I'm not sure that we need these handguns.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojavaphil View Post
Not that I am a supporter of the Angels but their organization was founded by disaffected veterans. Perhaps there is some level of being an American despite their illegal lifestyle.
I couldn't agree more and meant no disrespect to the Angels. In a previous life a good friend of mine was in the Daly City, Ca chapter.

But... as an effective security force they don't have a good track record. The Rolling Stones invited them to provide security at their free concert at Altamont Pass near San Francisco around 1970. Things didn't go well and they killed someone.

BTW, I was very impressed with the speach last night.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The speach was just OK, but the lack of respect from the crowd has me scratching my head. Was that a respectful observance or a pep rally?
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
"I think I would confront a person carrying a gun at a political rally. Just to tell him how foolish and inappropriate he is. What's his point? Just to display the right to have a gun? to me it's a definite threat."

I don't think that I would confront someone with a gun! Just my thought because it is legal and the person is protected by law. If he starts waving it around...that is a different story and the police will handle it. I wonder how many Hells Angels will be armed? Joe
Old 01-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #42
a k

Newmar Owners Club
It was pep rally.