Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #43
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
At political rallies there are always folks carrying guns.. In Michigan many of them are folks I know and used to work with at one time or another. In other states they are still by default my friends (That's another way of saying law enforcement officers)

However about this shooting... A man decided to kill people, so he got a gun and killed people.. That is what happened.

Why did he pick the people he picked.. I am fairly sure we will never know the full truth.. Does it matter, NO, all that matters is that HE killed people. Anything that comes out of his mouth is an excuse. anything you see on the news, save that fact, is smoke.

I recall an incident some years ago,, made the front page of the newspaper.. now as it happened I was involved (on the police side) with that case and thus KNOW the truth, the whole truth and what was published in the paper.. The article in the paper was about 1/3 of the page, full width, about 1/3 page....... The following, out of all of that, is true, however the name is smoked to protect the gulity.

Representive name was arrested yesterday for possession of stolen motor vehicle by the department name police.

Yup, one sentence out of 1/3 page was true... The circumstances of the arrest were false, the comments of the arrested were lies. and oh, there was one other true statement "The police had no comment" ... Never do when it's an open investigation.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #44
Originally Posted by vegascouple View Post
I could not agree more with your statement! It's truly sad what has happened to our country the last couple of years. What's happened to respect for our fellow human beings? It was obvious there was a big problem brewing when people started purchasing warehouses full of ammo after Obama was elected. I thought seriously about getting armed at that time, but now it's painfully obvious that we all need to be armed to protect ourselves from the crazies! I've never really felt the need to be armed but I do now! I'm sure everyone on this board knows a lot more about the latest in firearms than I do. I hate to say price is no object but I am willing to spend whatever it takes. What do you recommend?
My recommendations are; Take a safety firearms course then apply for your Florida Pistol Permit which allows you to carry in 33 states, a semi-automatic 380 caliber hand gun. Join a gun club and practice, practice, practice.

TomTheOilMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #45
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
"I think I would confront a person carrying a gun at a political rally. Just to tell him how foolish and inappropriate he is. What's his point? Just to display the right to have a gun? to me it's a definite threat."

I don't think that I would confront someone with a gun! Just my thought because it is legal and the person is protected by law. If he starts waving it around...that is a different story and the police will handle it. I wonder how many Hells Angels will be armed? Joe
I guess you're right, one is as bad as the other. I'll tone it down.
Jim and Linda Jackson
Coachman Freedom
Jim Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:48 PM   #46
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
I believe Sheriff Dupnik was correct when he said that we have 24 hours of media that focuses on politics in a disingenuous way. Some nut listens to this for hours each day and feels that he has to do something about it.
Joe & Mary
Except his friends have all said he did not listen to talk radio, TV or any political interests. He IS CRAZY. Why can't people assign blame where it lies. At his crazy feet!
Wretched excess is just barely enough.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #47
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Maybe if Dupnik had done his job and had an officer or officers at this event that was publicised, he wouldn't have to fall back on blaming everyone else.

2001 National Tradewinds 7370 300 Cat
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Officially fulltiming. The Journey Begins
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote