Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #29

Whoa, partner Richard. You said the Ponderosa......BUT it was where Lorne Greene <span class="ev_code_RED">lived.</span> . So I say you were wrong? What does everyone think???? I'll try to get a picture posted and see if you can guess where it is. This is fun.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:26 PM   #30

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by Hitchhiker:
<span class="ev_code_RED"> The Ponderosa from the Bonanza series in the 60's? </span>
By gosh, I got it right! Regards, Richard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richard, like Sue I think you have confused the home where Lorne Green lived in Mesa, AZ with the location where the Bonanza series was filmed. The Ponderosa Ranch set is located on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe, but was closed to the public several years ago because it could not be made ADA accessible. Actually, the Bonanza series was filmed in many locations in Nevada and California, as well as on a Hollywood set.

See http://www.ponderosascenery.homestead.com/index.html for more information on this TV classic.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #31
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Yep, you're right.....I confused the Ponderosa with the place Lorne Green lived. My guess was wrong.

I'll send the $100 prize money back to "Kablewizard".
Old 01-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #32

Jayco Owners Club
Does the "C" stand for the "Clampetts"?
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
DonavonP, Your back!! Hows that new express card. Is it better? Anyway glad ya back on-line!
I think they put the 'c' there as in 'Crapped out. Out of series or all dead.
Shame as that was one show my dad and I both watched. I loved the 'Little house on the prairie too! Ah yeah those were the best of times...
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #34

Jayco Owners Club
Capt Dan, you've got me cross threaded with Driver. Go to the technology section - DriVer has a nice write up on his new V640 card. I'm still on WildBlue satellite and it sucks.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
OK- Does anyone ever remember there being a garage for cars at the Ponderosa?? I will believe it is Lorne Green's home in another location-warm enough for PALM trees! The Ponderosa "ranch" location was filmed in the Lake Tahoe area of California. That area was considered the main filming area for the show. You will find 34 other locations in Ca. besides the Tahoe area of Ca- as compared to only 4 places in Arizona.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote