Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #127

You are correct - he could moved his RV - I presume her car if parked next to an RV was in an RV slot but that's OK - we see that all the time. I did not imply it was OK to curse at little kids (or dogs) or anyone else. I did say it might hit my short fuse.
Safe Travels
Bob

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #128

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A few thoughts !
Pulled into a Flying F for Diesel. There was a Pickup towing a U Haul at the pump in front of me. I thought he had fueled and was inside paying ,WRONG, The fool was walking his dog and had left his truck locked at the pump and had not even fueled yet. I was towing my toad so I had to sit and wait. My oh my.
Ever go into the truck area to pay for fuel ? I remember when truckers were truckers. Big ,friendly guys always ready to help.
Now a great many of them can hardly speak english and have more hair on them than a bear. Just saying !

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #129

Newmar Owners Club
My experience today: pulled into a Flying J to refuel. Got in line. It only took a few minutes for the trucker beside us to alert us to the fact that the truck in front of us was broken down. Got the toad on so no backing up. While waiting for the guy next door to finish so I could pull over, the trucker from the broken down truck came to my window to let me know that his truck was disabled. The guy was very polite and spoke with a Spanish accent. He suggested that we should try another line. I've found truckers, all but one, to be helpful and friendly.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #130

Freightliner Owners Club
Truckers have a hard, thankless job. Have they made me angry? Sure! Have I made them angry
on occasion? Of course! Their on the road
because it's their livelihood. We're out their as tourists. Bottom line is if you go into their world and Flying J's parking slots, you should except their life style and the inconvenience that goes with that life style. Rest Area's and Walmart's are "open range" if you decide to overnight there. Hell, I have Tinnitus so bad that's all I can hear trying to sleep. If we want a real anti-noise cause, we should try and get rid of "little" cars that have 2 Zillion Watt speaker systems that shake your brain when their close.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #131

Most truck drivers are very professional. If you don't like being near them, pay for a campground.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #132

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy,
The remark about the loud boom-box car reminded me of a 'story' I heard about a trucker and a b-b-car.. Seems as though a b-b car owner pulled up to a diesel pump, in a truck stop, went inside to eat and left the b-b on in the car 'booming'!!! After about 30 minutes of the deafening noise, one of the truckers waiting to fuel up, took his Buck out of it's sheath and punched holes in ALL OF THE SPEAKERS; stopped the racket!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #133

truck driving man here, I guess some people hasn't never been in a big rig before. leaveing that thing running is like a vibarating bed you put a quarter in at the motel. after 14 hours in a work day that bounceing bed feels real good.after I got used to the noise I couldn't sleep with out it. I told my wife I was going out to sleep in my truck sitting in the drive way....
Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #134

I haven't had any problems with Bad Mannered Truckers.
I don't have any issue with them running the engine while sleeping. I run my generator before I go to sleep and might turn it on if I need to run the AC.

With that said, I frankly don't care if I am out in my RV for pleasure and the trucker is driving because it is his or her job. That is the job they chose. There is no excuse for bad manners or someone feeling they should have priority over another. Truckers and RV'ers all just need to use common sense and basic courtesies.

Again, I haven't had any issues at all with truckers.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #135

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie-Owl View Post
I haven't had any problems with Bad Mannered Truckers.
I don't have any issue with them running the engine while sleeping. I run my generator before I go to sleep and might turn it on if I need to run the AC.

With that said, I frankly don't care if I am out in my RV for pleasure and the trucker is driving because it is his or her job. That is the job they chose. There is no excuse for bad manners or someone feeling they should have priority over another. Truckers and RV'ers all just need to use common sense and basic courtesies.

Again, I haven't had any issues at all with truckers.
"Bad Mannered Truckers" GREAT name for a band!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #136
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
"On the Road Again", by Bad Mannered Truckers. I like it.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #137

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
"On the Road Again", by Bad Mannered Truckers. I like it.
"I got the Walmart,Diesel Drone Blues"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
damdannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 AM   #138

Love it!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #139

Not all of us have bad manners!

I'm the guy who dims my lights about a mile or two before I need too for approaching traffic and don't click the brights on until traffic in front of me is 1/2 mile ahead.

I also yield to and move over for anyone who is in a bigger hurry than I am and hesitate passing others if I don't see much time being saved and especially when windy. I know how it feels when the "super truckers" blow your doors off in a snowstorm and I hate it!!

As for parking, Wal-Mart and ANY truck stop in the country will keep a light sleeper looking for a freebie awake at night. They aren't trying to be rude... They just need sleep like you.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #140

most trucker drivers but not all will treat you the same way you treat them itsonly human nature