Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #15

Sorry pal, I have no sympathy either. The Flying J is a fuel and rest stop, not a campground. Neither is Wal-Mart.
We use cg's for overnight stops, quiet and restful. We have no problem paying a fair price. I have used highway stops in my single days when I got too tired to push on and woke up surrounded by big rigs but I expected that and lived with it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
if its noisy... a .25 pair of earplugs does wonders.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsronco
Some trucks have to run their engines to keep their trailers warm/cool I'm sure it's not a purposeful "let's piss that rver off"
I'm sure they don't do it to piss us off. But do they have to park right next to us? We never park in the areas where trucks most likely would park but wherever we park they park too. Even though we really try not to park out of the way if you know what I mean.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr

OK, as a 25 plus year driver, let me say that the engines are not running at full speed. Reefer units have to run on trailers. Trucks run to keep the A/C or heaters running. I will agree with the person who said that is why there are campgrounds. I would like to see the average RVer having to run under DOT rules. Keep log book, not drive more then 10 hours, physical cards, and a special license. Just keep in mind that truckers are out there because they have to be, you are out there because you want to be. Are truckers loosing their manners? Well, I will say in the past years, I have noticed that the "professional coutesy" has gone down the hill. My suggestion to you is plan your trips so you can stay at campgrounds.

Regards,
I'm not your average RVer. I can't afford to stay in campgrounds all the time. I stay at walmarts because I have to. I just think they could park a little further away. There's always space. I just moved btw.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATMANAR
When i get off the road to rest a truck running isn't going to keep me awake.. If i am tired i can sleep through anything...
I wish I were like you!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Suck it up, put your big girl panties on and deal with it. Else move on down the road. No sympathy from me.

A trucker hauled all the pieces used to put your motorhome together. As far as I am concerned, a working trucker can park anywhere he well pleases, even if it is next to me.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #21

I'm not saying that RVers have a priority or that truckers shouldn't park at walmarts. I'm just questioning the fact that they need to park right next to you. Even when we try to park where they wouldn't normally park. I just don't get why they want to park next to us when there's so much space. It's a question not an accusation. Please don't confuse me with those RVers cruising their fancy rigs. I'm on the road because I have to, not as a vacation
I'd love to spend every night in a CG. Will you guys chip in?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #22

Having the "GULL" to stay overnight at GULLMART

Did it once and couldn't sleep well. I sometimes shop at Walmart 2to 3 times a week. Not everyone is an endless suply of $
Old 03-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #23

Oh and btw. I know flying J is a truck stop that's why I made the point in my post that that wasn't for me. I've only stayed once and then I stayed away. I do however think its a big difference between Walmart and flying Js tho.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Those trucks park next to you for the same reason a car will park next to our car in an almost empty lot even though we chose the space furtherest from the front door of Walmart. Vehicles just seem to attract each other.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #25

You expect manners in a walmart parking lot? unbelievable! The only difference between walmart parking lots and Flying J is astetics
Old 03-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee950
You expect manners in a walmart parking lot? unbelievable! The only difference between walmart parking lots and Flying J is astetics
I just assume no one wants to be disturbed I guess. So I don't park next to someone so that I may disturb them or they might disturb me. I totally get it if there's a designated truck area which there is at some parking lots. But if you just stay in a regular spot I'd just treat everyone the same way I'd want to be treated.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiatalvik View Post
I'm sure they don't do it to piss us off. But do they have to park right next to us? We never park in the areas where trucks most likely would park but wherever we park they park too. Even though we really try not to park out of the way if you know what I mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiatalvik View Post
I'm not saying that RVers have a priority or that truckers shouldn't park at walmarts. I'm just questioning the fact that they need to park right next to you. Even when we try to park where they wouldn't normally park. I just don't get why they want to park next to us when there's so much space. It's a question not an accusation. Please don't confuse me with those RVers cruising their fancy rigs. I'm on the road because I have to, not as a vacation
I'd love to spend every night in a CG. Will you guys chip in?
You said earlier that you are usually first in the lot. Those truckers coming later are assuming that you are where WalMart wants you to park and thus park next to you. It is common in most WalMart lots to have all the over nighters in one area.

As for the noise.. LOVE it. Better than a fan...
Old 03-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Every camp ground I have been in has had some pretty rude people.. from dogs to bratty kids to a running genset all night long... Given the cost, give me an idling diesel anytime...