Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #99
Gulf Streamers Club
I have also experianced this same thing many times, as I leave late after work to get to a destination and sometimes just can't stay awake to make it, we have woken up manytimes surrounded by trucks and other rvs in the morning that weren't there when we stopped, never much thought about it at the time, but after reading this discussion, I also think the others might believe that this is the designated area to stay in, I guess I got lucky and chose the right spot, I understand what you are saying about the noise, a little space isn't a bad thing, but i also think that there is safty in #'s, sometimes not a bad tradeoff. Safe Travels

Bob, Julie and Izzy (Usually on all 4)
2008 Gulfstream Gladiator, Super C Toyhauler
2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ / Readybrake.
2010 Harley Ultra Classic
racefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #100
You can aways put a sign on your rv lite sleeper thank you
for being quite

1stCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #101
Sofia, I have read thru these many pages, and want to try to answer your question. (As well as to welcome you.)

I think when the trucker pulls into the area for parking and sees a lone rv parked, he pulls in beside to offer some protection (for you and for self).

Most of the miscreants who are bent on evil-doing would prefer to assault a lone rv than one with a big 18 wheeler beside it. It's kind of like we're all in this big boat together and need to watch out for one another.

I hope we can look at it as a potential favor rather than a bother.

Thanks for sharing with us.

G L Arnold
2003 Ford F150 Supercab 5.4
1997 Keystone Sprinter 24RL
Former Full-Timers
glarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #102
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know where this one's from, but it looks like another NO WINNER just
someone with a HUNK on their shoulder, who wants to vent!! Let's all go back to our Kindles and let IT BLOW AWAY!! Be kind!!
butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #103
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It seems this thread has come to the point where this reminder may be in order
Be Courteous!
Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand; above all be nice. We encourage everyone to participate in and enjoy the Community
The above is from our Community Rules which were put in place for a very good reason.
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #104
Sofiatalvik You should have said Why do truckers park next to me not (Truckers have no manners) and I think people would have answered
Old 03-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #105
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

IMHO it is very funny/sad that people complain about staying someplace free.
2004 Monaco SE
bill dean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #106
you are right sorry to say if it's free now days it the american way
Old 03-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #107

Originally Posted by butterbean View Post
Some 'truckers' are very uncaring & obnoxious; usually having Confederate battle-flags on their radiators
Really Mr. Texas?
MRBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #108
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club

IMHO it is very funny/sad that people complain about staying someplace free.
2004 Monaco SE
Rest Areas are NOT free. Your highway and State taxes pay for EVERYONE to use them.
Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #109
rest areas are not for overnight camping there is a 8 hour limit
then you must be on your way
Old 03-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #110
Newmar Owners Club
We have a 40 foot motorcoach with an F-150 4 x 4 toad as a RECREATIONAL VEHICLE. I have also been a class A CDL truck driver since the early 1990's. I've had to use wal-mart parking lots in both situations many times. The trailer diesel reefer runs because there's up to 42,000 lbs of product in that trailer. Frozen corn, orange juice, strawberries, beef, or whatever...you do the math on value. My reefer WILL run. You are surrounded by trucks because WE WILL NOT scatter around the parking lot. We will stay in one area, but leave room for others (including rvs) to get out. A class 8 tractor and a 53 foot trailer is hard to maneuver in a tight parking lot especially mingled in with 4 wheelers. My RV combo is a lot easier. I personally try to find a balance between RVs and Trucks, but when it comes to overnight parking at Walmart, I'd have side with trucks. If it's too noisy, if you're not happy...move on! The is nothing recreational about being a truck driver!! The average truck driver did 150,000+ miles last year...working. HOW MANY DID YOU DRIVE?...[moderator edit]
Also a few years ago, trucking companies demanded that driver not respond to flashing of headlights as a courtesy. As drivers we are 100% resposible/liable for our lane changes. If we respond to those we pass/flash and there is an accident or mishap... we wre at fault. This is just the way the world turns... Happy/safe travels. BBQDAD
bbqdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #111
Couple things to remember when parking at a walmart. Stay away from the docks, the stores receive their frozen and produce through the night time hrs. As for parking out front, there is safety in numbers.
yolo2rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #112
Sofia, some of us understand that you aren't bad mouthing truckers. As others have said safety in numbers, would wearing ear plugs help you ? They work for some not others. The other thing I suggest would to park the Moho with the bed towards the trailer end where the noise should be lower.

Tsronco is offline   Reply With Quote