Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #113

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbean View Post

Some truckers' are very uncaring & obnoxious; usually having Confederate battle-flags on their radiators
Whoa, pardner, Confederate battleflags are not always displayed in defiance or used to signify that a person is a societal misfit. Granted some use them for this purpose. I ,for one, am from the "Deep South"and very proud of my heritage. Although I don't display the flag, if I did I would hope that it would not paint me with your brush.

Being retired means you can put off till tomorrow what you could have done today

Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #114

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm not painting everybody from the South as 'uncaring', just that all of the time I
hauled cross country most of the 'bad-boys' had the Cross& Bars on their radiators!! I had great-grandfathers and grandfathers in the ARMY OF THE CONFEDERACY and had the honor of being a Lt.Gen in the Army of the SSRA!!!
Now did I say anything about the Grizzly Mouth radiator, from up Nawth??

Old 03-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #115

Butterbean
OK, What's SSRA?
A Google search comes up with (and I don't think these have generals):
SSRAShadow Strategic Rail Authority (UK)
SSRASwedish Street Rod Association
SSRASingapore Squash Rackets Association
SSRASystem Safety Risk Assessment
SSRAScottish Smallbore Rifle Association
SSRASupervisory Senior Resident Agent (FBI)
SSRASeattle Squash Racquets Association
SSRASubmarine Search and Rescue Authority
SSRASocietas Studiosorum Reformatorum Amstelodamensis
SSRASuper Sucker Ram Air (automotive cold air induction kit)SSRASpectrum Supportability Risk Assessment (US DoD)
SSRASpokane Ski Racing Association (Washington)
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #116

Who knows for sure why people do what they do... Yeah, Wal-Mart parking lots ARE big. Some areas of the lot fill because of the ease of access... even if at the perimeter of the lot - that is where most managers would like overnighters to park...RV'rs or truckers. Maybe you should try to pick a spot that is a little more difficult for a semi to easily back into. That may help, but certainly not fool proof.

Personally, the way I look at the whole situation is that MY expectations of peace and quiet greatly diminishes and is directly proportionate with the amount of money I paid to park my RV. IMHO, FREE parking in a private parking lot with permission...irregardless of the circumstances, is a privilege extended with no guarantees of personal comfort. Same applies to truck stops and rest areas... Just say'n. Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbean View Post
I'm not painting everybody from the South as 'uncaring', just that all of the time I
hauled cross country most of the 'bad-boys' had the Cross& Bars on their radiators!! I had great-grandfathers and grandfathers in the ARMY OF THE CONFEDERACY and had the honor of being a Lt.Gen in the Army of the SSRA!!!
Now did I say anything about the Grizzly Mouth radiator, from up Nawth??
If you indeed had anyone fight for the "CONFEDERACY" in your family then you would not have made that statement. My family graveyard is filled with good people whom fought and died for what they believed in and that flag is part of our heritage. Almost all the people I know from the South are caring, giving and Humble. A lesson you could well learn. We may be "bad boys" but only if you cross us.

I for one am pretty tired of Texans telling me how rich, smart, big, and better they are than the rest of us. Sorry to the Texans whom aren't this way but it is overwhelming at times and when it hits this close to home it's hard to stay silent.

I drove semi for years and helped many people along the way. The way I looked at it is we are all brothers until you open your mouth.... I will give you the shirt off my back until I realize you are trying to steal it from me...
Old 03-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #118
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Call the trend political or call it off topic either/or but if you want to discuss this sad time in history any further take it off the board. Thank you.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #119

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've found plenty of places that put us up for a nite for twnty and under. But our traveling has been east of the Miss R. except once. We only Wall docked twice out west, we luckily found places out west for just a tad more then twenty. We only park at stores if necessary, we don't use it as part of our route plan.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #120

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have an identical Pace Arrow, ours is the brown tones colored one. How do you like it? How long you had it? It sure is pretty.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #121

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good luck to you, May God bless you and keep you, your story is hard and your heart seems so soft. Thank you for sharing, should give us all palse to think about all the 'stuff' we have.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #122

they most likely figure you are parked were the store wants the overnighters to be i don't think they are trying to be rude the friends i have that are truckers would tell you they have same problem with noisy trucks
Old 03-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #123

I was meeting someone in the RV area at Flying J in Jackson, Ga. today and her car was parked next to a nice DP. It was around 6 o'clock in the evening; lots of activity in the area. The girl I was meeting had two small children (ages 4 and 5) and she had 4 dogs in her car (chihuahuas) who were barking at me. Guy hollers out of the bedroom window [moderator edit] Apparently did not know and/or care that two small children were standing right there. I understand that apparently he was trying to rest and/or sleep, but that's just not cool.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #124
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by danandcarol View Post
I was meeting someone in the RV area at Flying J in Jackson, Ga. today and her car was parked next to a nice DP. It was around 6 o'clock in the evening; lots of activity in the area. The girl I was meeting had two small children (ages 4 and 5) and she had 4 dogs in her car (chihuahuas) who were barking at me. Guy hollers out of the bedroom window [moderator edit] Apparently did not know and/or care that two small children were standing right there. I understand that apparently he was trying to rest and/or sleep, but that's just not cool.
And the solution is to check into a campground. A parking lot has no pretense or guarantee of quietness.

Ken
Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #125

I tend to feel sympathetic to the guy in the diesel pusher but I'm not excusing his language. There is no guaranty when you park your RV it will be nice & quiet and not change. But having someone pull up next to me with 4 barking dogs & two small children might hit my short fuse.
Safe Travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #126

But that person has every right to be there as you do. Therefore if the dogs barking is bothering you, your best bet would be to move not curse at little kids