Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2016, 03:53 PM   #15

So sorry for your loss. Since a lot of us on this forum are "seniors", I imagine there are a lot who've lost their mothers and know what you're going through. Please travel safely.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2016, 05:07 PM   #16

Sorry about your loss. Safe travels and you and your family are in our prayers.
DavidR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #17

Condolances

Sorry to hear of your mothers passing. Safe travels and prayers sent your way.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:00 AM   #18

Sorry for your loss . Safe travels.
Benji2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:04 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
We are also sorry for your loss. Have a safe trip!
Old 08-17-2016, 10:04 AM   #20

It is a hard thing to go through. My wife and I were camping in the Eastern Sierra's over Memorial Day and the following week. My 92 year old mother was fine when I visited her the Friday before we left. She fell in her home Thursday night and neighbors found her Friday morning. She went to hospital against her will Friday morning and died Saturday morning and we did not know until we got home Saturday afternoon. That was a shock to return to but she had a good long life is the way I look at it and she was always in her own home for 53 years. Good luck and safe travels on your voyage.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #21

My condolences on your loss. Drive safe and keep the shiny side up and the bears off your a$$.
azmaddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:17 AM   #22

So sorry for your loss.

God Bless you and yours
Old 08-18-2016, 04:02 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
What sad news, Be safe on your way. Yep it pays to keep the MH up. Mine is ready too go at any time. (and so am I)
I lost mine 19 years ago this month. Still missing her every day.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:28 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textronics View Post
A week and a half ago my 78 yo mother tripped over a cat and fell in he sunken den hitting the step with her chin and throwing her head back violently. She broke her neck at C2. Prognosis was ok with her expected to wear a halo for 6 months. She was ambulatory but in a great deal of pain. Today I get a call that she stopped breathing and passed away suddenly.

Thankfully, we have the RV. We will make the trek to California for the Memorial service.likely will pick up my brother in New Mexico on the way. I can't handle flying so this gives us an opportunity to,pay our last respects. I'm so glad we have a reliable RV.
Very sorry for you guys. Something maybe many aren't aware of. Have nurse friend that told us it was very common for a senior citizen to trip and fall over their small pet, and break their hip. Contract pneumonia while hospitalized and passing away. So important to do what ever possible to prevent that from happening. Safe travels.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #25

Our deepest condolences.
Monster99 is offline   Reply With Quote