Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ungreatful Willa

Ungreatful Willa

yesterday was My Willa's birthday and being a sentimentalist I wanted to give her a birthday with no limits and one to remember. Here is what I did.

First of all I deliberately let her ''sleep in'' until after seven oclock and I actually got up and turned on the coffee without any help from her. At seven fifteen I gently woke her and asked where she had put the sugar bowl because I needed sugar in my coffee. She mumbled something about ''look in the upper cabinet'' and rolled over and went back to sleep. I looked in the cabinet as instructed and found the sugar bowl but it was almost completely empty so I went back to the bedroom and woke her again and asked where the sack of sugar could be found. She said to look in the cabinet over where she sits and there would be a container of sugar with a tight lid on it to keep out ants. I went back to the kitchen and opened the cabinet and fished around for the sugar container and kinda accidentally spilled one of those round tubes of Quaker oats out on her seat and I said ''Shux''. I scooped up the oatmeal with my hand and dumped it back in the oatmeal box and continued to look for the sugar. I heard Willa mumbling in the bed room asking if I had found the sugar yet. ''Not yet darling, you go back to sleep because it is your SPECIAL DAY''. I finally found the sugar container behind a large jar of jelly and when I pulled out the sugar, I pulled out the jelly also and it, the jelly hit the table and broke the container in about twenty pieces. I said ''Shux'' again and got out some paper towels and mopped up the jelly off the table and in process I kinda, sorta spilled the sugar on the table also because the lid was on the container crooked and was not properly sealed and when I jerked the lid off the container it kinda ''snowed'' sugar everywhere and I said ''Shux'' again. Willa said that if I would just stop, she would get up and get me the sugar for my coffee before I destroyed the kitchen. Again I told her that this was her SPECIAL DAY and I wanted it to be memorable for her. She got up and stumbled into the kitchen and stepped on a small piece of glass and cut her foot a little. We got the bleeding stopped and I put a band aid on her foot and moped the floor to get up any glass I may have missed from the jelly jar breaking. I asked if I could fix her a nice hot cup of coffee and she said ''NO'', she would fix it herself because she was afraid I would drop the coffee pot. She fixed her a cup of coffee and sat down on her side of the table and made the comment that she felt like she was sitting on oatmeal. It seems that I was not very vigilant in getting all the oatmeal off her cushion. As we sat and drank our coffee I told her about the wonderful day I had planned for her.
First. Breakfast at McDonalds. I would get her a big breakfast with coffee, juice, eggs, sausage, grits and one of those little ''brick things'' they call Hash browns. I told her that since both of us were kinda on a diet that I would help her eat this big breakfast because I didn't want her getting too many calories and we were on kinda of a limited budget. She was totally underwhelmed at that idea.
Second. Off to the super flee market over on I-95 for shopping and gift buying for her. We would go over there and she would be free to just '' look around'' and pick out anything her little heart desired. (I am such a generous fellow) I reminded her that there was an ''Imitation Zircon'' booth that also sold fake gold chains where she could just shop to her hearts content and just pick out WHAT EVER SHE WANTED (with a limit of ten dollars of course) and I would front for the money.
Three. Then it would be off to the ''One Dollar Store'' where she could just ''Go Wild'' roaming the isles with her little buggy buying paper tape, clothes pins, spray paint, dented cans of veggies and all the things she would enjoy on her SPECIAL DAY.
Four. Next, it would be Lunch at ''Freds Funnel Cake Shop'' and she could have any kind of funnel cake she wanted and a Giant Rasberry Slurpie to wash it down with.
Five. Next it would be off to the movies for entertainment and pop corn. I had found a theater that offered a ''two for one'' deal for senior citizens that featured 20 cartoons, two complete chapters of ''Bullet Head Man'' and an edited version of Gone With the Wind that was 45 minutes long.
Six........ After the movie it would be a fabulous Dinner at ''Uncle Buckles Foot Long Hot Dog Stand'' for one of his wonderful ''Foot Longs'' with all the trimmings and a shared Coke between us.
Seven..... After the sumptuous dinner we would head back to the coach and I would give her something that would really make her happy. She smiled a crooked smile and said not to tell her please because she didn't think her heart could stand any more fun and excitement in one day and she got up and went back to the bedroom and slammed the door.

Is it me or do I just not understand women?

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
BE glad you can still type and breathe my friend. A NOBLE try.
Warmth is on the way in more ways than one...
Travel safely but quietly.

JOE.. LEO(ret.)-active USCGAUX-
ck. our website:www.overmountainsams.com
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Good thing you didn't come up with a gft that had an electrical cord attached
Jimmy & Tre
Katy, TX
2014 Allegro Red 38QRA
& 2014 Jeep Sahara Unlimited Toad
"Get It While You Can"
jwomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
Solo Rvers Club
!!! Good Mornin!! Good Mornin!! Seajay; You should have been a comedian ! Oh!! You Are! Played on the side of Red Skelton. Seriously! It brightens might day to read the post. That Doghouse you carry around ?? No Dogs!! Thanks! Irover:d ance::da nce:
Irover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
Thanks Sejay. My DW's birthday is comming in about a week. However, I don't think I will follow your example. I like to keep the beatings down to a minimum.
2014 Wildwood 27RKSS 2004 Nissan Titan Pilot Steve
Co-Pilot Marlene Furry Four Leg children: Fancy Lab/Chow, LB Little Bit, Maltese, Rocky, Border Terrier
StStg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
American Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post

Is it me or do I just not understand women?
I dunno, Seajay. Sounds like you're on the right path to me. Maybe if you went outside a picked up a bouquet (or bucket) of them menhaden that's ly'n all over, THAT just might be the ticket in winning her over.

Please pass along my 'happy birthday' wishes to your Willa...Bob
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Sounds like a great day to me..??
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #8
To answer your question; NO, you do not understand women. What man does?
Good story Seajay, thanks.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
Vintage RV Owners Club
Any man that says he understands women must have a retarted gene in his DNA. Happy Birthday Willa.
1oleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #10
"Any man that says he understands women must have a retarted gene in his DNA"

Or is divorced.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #11
Happy Birthday Willa. Seajay some real flowers would go a long way to shorten your stay in the dog house.
99 F-350 4X4 PSD pulling a 24' Nash travel trailer
JRNOLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
I think you had her spellbound until the last offer.

Better luck next time.

2009 Newmar 42 ft. Allstar 4188, Wheelchair Accessible, 400HP Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, Mastertow Dolly, '98 Riviera
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
I think samples at Sam's or Costco would have been more romantic.She could wander thru the appliance isle or check out the cheese display.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #14
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
She is a smart woman and she knows!

She know you lied about the tattoo.

Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote