Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2015, 09:35 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Given that they schools often do not teach cursive any more it is just a matter of time before it will die out.
How are the kids going to sign a check if they don't learn cursive?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2015, 09:53 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
How are the kids going to sign a check if they don't learn cursive?
What's a check? Most kids today use debit cards, or iphones - they never have cash in their pockets, and the only checks they ever see are the ones that Mom and Dad send for birthdays, etc....

My wife recently went in to our bank to get some new check registers and the bank didn't have any on hand - they said no one asks for them anymore!
Old 12-28-2015, 07:55 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
I've always had good experiences with UPS, but they have recently introduced a "hybrid" system called Surepost (I think). The package is picked up by UPS but it is delivered to the USPS sorting center closest to me, and USPS completes the delivery. UPS tracking ceases when USPS get the package and I then have to track it (using the same tracking number) on the USPS web site. I had a package shipped last week which got to the USPS office 5 miles from me in 2 days, then took another 5 days to be delivered, with no tracking updates. Amazon and B&H Photo have been using this service for their "free shipping" options.
And the shipper, saves quite a bit on these shipping costs...and is not promised a quick delivery time....BUT very rarely tells their customer ...YOU...Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:38 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
I've always had good experiences with UPS, but they have recently introduced a "hybrid" system called Surepost (I think). The package is picked up by UPS but it is delivered to the USPS sorting center closest to me, and USPS completes the delivery. UPS tracking ceases when USPS get the package and I then have to track it (using the same tracking number) on the USPS web site. I had a package shipped last week which got to the USPS office 5 miles from me in 2 days, then took another 5 days to be delivered, with no tracking updates. Amazon and B&H Photo have been using this service for their "free shipping" options.

So, you order something expecting it to be shipped UPS, so you provide your street address. They transfer to USPS. You have a PO box for your mail, it's Sunday, where does it go?
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #33

I am an avid Amazon Prime user. Not only do we take advantage of the two day delivery but we also use the PRIME video streaming both at home and on the road.

And when they say two days they mean it...even if the second day falls on a Sunday.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #34

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbuskirk View Post
And when they say two days they mean it...even if the second day falls on a Sunday.

Boy you got that right, I couldn't believe it when the USPS delivered 2 Amazon packages yesterday, Sunday the 27th. The carrier said they do it for Amazon?

Glenn
Old 12-28-2015, 12:20 PM   #35
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
... The carrier said they do it for Amazon?

Glenn
That's what being the big fish in the pond gets ya... priority service. All the pkgs Amazon ships exclusively with UPS gives them clout.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:30 PM   #36

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That was Post Office no UPS.
Glenn
Old 01-02-2016, 07:41 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
We sent our tow bar back to Roadmaster to have it re-conditioned, they gave it to UPS on a Fri (12/15) in Vancouver WA, with a delivery day on the following Fri (12/22) 100 mi east of Houston TX. I was able to track it to a town in ID where it was departure scanned but nothing else. A note on the page said "due to inclement weather, delivery would be delayed". I kept checking twice a day, but nothing ever showed up - I was convinced the truck had been captured by aliens. To my surprise, on Fri AM (12/22) when I checked, it read "out for delivery", It was delivered between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM. We got the tow bar on the day it was supposed to be delivered.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:05 AM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
We live in a rural area. Our house is on a lane with 3 other houses. We get ups delivery a few times a year. Our neighbor gets a couple deliveries a week. UPS always leaves the package on the porch. On the 19th of December the doorbell rang. It was our neighbor. He handed me a box that was soaking wet and coming apart. It was my Christmas present from my wife. A AM/FM-CD player radio for my motorhome. I found this laying next to your mailbox, he said. It had been raining steadily for two days. The only reason it was not stolen is because anyone seeing a box sitting in the rain and coming apart would assume it was trash. The only reason the radio was not damaged was because the shipper was smart enough to put it in a plastic bag when it was packaged.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:15 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
We live in a rural area. Our house is on a lane with 3 other houses. We get ups delivery a few times a year. Our neighbor gets a couple deliveries a week. UPS always leaves the package on the porch. On the 19th of December the doorbell rang. It was our neighbor. He handed me a box that was soaking wet and coming apart. It was my Christmas present from my wife. A AM/FM-CD player radio for my motorhome. I found this laying next to your mailbox, he said. It had been raining steadily for two days. The only reason it was not stolen is because anyone seeing a box sitting in the rain and coming apart would assume it was trash. The only reason the radio was not damaged was because the shipper was smart enough to put it in a plastic bag when it was packaged.
Now, if you happen to still have all the boxes and all...take a picture and send it corp UPS with that same story....want to see some action in a hurry,called a Presidential Complaint...and if I was you...i would do it....I'm sure it might have been a Xmas helper but the driver had to have some experience..and that is not how you deliver a package.....he -UPS driver -could have at least put it in a plastic bag that they have in the truck....no excuse..Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:22 AM   #40

What he said...

You can call ups to have your address set up as sign only meaning everything must get signature and they can give you door sticker that you can fill out that allows them to leave it otherwise.

Amazon and others can text when dropped so that also is good.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #41

National RV Owners Club
We live very rural, US postal does not deliver on our road but UPS & FedEx find us without problem. Sometimes during a snow storm they cannot get down our road so they call and ask if it's OK to leave the package at the general store - which is OK. As far as we are concerned they both provide great service.

As far as cursive writing: My wife does pretty fancy cursive (calligraphy) and often birthday cards are returned as unable top find the address. She gets upset with USPS because they can't read the address. I think or hope I've finally have her understanding it is probably not people but machines that can't figure out the address.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:49 AM   #42

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster52 View Post
Now, if you happen to still have all the boxes and all...take a picture and send it corp UPS with that same story....want to see some action in a hurry,called a Presidential Complaint...and if I was you...i would do it....I'm sure it might have been a Xmas helper but the driver had to have some experience..and that is not how you deliver a package.....he -UPS driver -could have at least put it in a plastic bag that they have in the truck....no excuse..Chuck
I agree with you 100%. I am sure it was a temp. driver hired to help with the Christmas rush. I was also sure they have plastic bags because they usually put the packages in plastic bags when they put them on the porch, If it is raining.(although I think that is overkill. Our porch is very large.) I did take pictures of the soggy box and packaging. I figure he ran out of bags because it has rained off and on for over a week. (He was probably too lazy to replace the bags.) The shipper was smart enough to place the radio in a plastic bag. He probably shipped before at Christmas and knew UPS used temp. help at this time. I have installed the radio and works great, so I will just drop the whole thing. I do believe UPS should not use this lazy, uncaring guy again.