Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2006, 01:55 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I want to thank you all for supporting Verizon, now I can buy some more gas...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2006, 03:27 AM   #16

OK CaptainBud, I expect a discount
on my next bill from Verizon !!
Old 10-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #17

I have been a verzion man sence they started in busness.I have a phone and a internet card.Never had any problems with service,signel,or any thing.I have the unlimited plan and unlimited on my internet card.I only use wireless,no landline.Verizon is there when others are out to lunch.

RC
povertyflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Having been a Verizon Wireless customer for over 6 years now, I can tell you the best way to deal with upgrading phones is to find a phone store that is NOT owned by verizon. Most of their employees are exceedingly pushy sales people whose job it is to pressure you into something more than you need.

I broke my old cellphone about 3 years ago on Christmas Eve (I'm currently contract free, I let them expire and don't renew = No Cancelation fee) and went to several different cellphone stores with Verizon. They basically all tried to sell me a piece of junk flip phone for $300.

In the end, I stopped by a privately owned Wireless store (Go Wireless) and talked to them. Left with a new Nokia tri-mode phone, car charger, phone cover and ear piece for $50, and of course a 2 year renewal of my contract (Which was expired then as well). I also added the phone insurance to my plan which the employee told me that if the phone broke, simply come back and report it as stolen or lost.

Been happy ever since .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When hurricane Ivan came through Pensacola in September '06 the only people that had phone service were Verizon customers. I wasn't one of them. I have been since then.

The hinge on my phone broke and I took it to the local Verizon store (I bought the phone there) and asked if it could be fixed. They replaced the phone with same model - I didn't want a different model phone because the wife has one like mine and I don't want to have to get different charges, etc. I have had nothing but good service and trouble free billing from Verizon. They are so far ahead of the rest the pack that they probably can't see them in their review mirror.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #20

I too have had my encounters with Verizon customer service. But also had good experiences.

I, too, use my cell phone as an option for internet when nothing else is available. Even when we are where there is Wi-Fi, my cell phone often works better. I find a lot of Wi-Fi systems are set to block certain sites. I even encountered one that had the nerve to block pogo.com.

We have the new every two but I have yet to change - don't want to have to buy new USB cable and always the fear Verizon might block me since you are technically suppose to sign up for the National Access (I too use my minutes).

I did try one of their wireless cards once but sent it back because it kept kicking me off. I was in Vancouver where there was great reception. They wanted to send me a new one but I didn't want to bother with it at the time.

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:25 AM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:

Also, when I click on "Trouble logging in" on http://www.verizonwireless.com I get the message below asking for my Mobile Phone Number, last 4 digits of my SS and my billing zip code.

For your account security, we ask for certain information before we assist you with accessing your User Name and/or resetting your Password.
User Name

Your User Name will display on the next page.
Resetting Your Password

If you opt to Reset your Password (on the next page), you will be asked to create a new password. After you've created your new password, you can login. We will send you a confirmation via a free TXT message to the mobile phone number on the account you enter below. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The password used when calling customer service is normally different than your internet pw used to access your account.

T
tnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:15 AM   #22

I do work for Verizon and there customer service is very good. The every 2 years get a free phone. It is not a "free phone" as talking to one of the mangers a percent of your bill every month goes towards the cost of the phone. So when go and get one it seems free but you been paying since day one of your contract. Verizon has a generator at almost every cell site for back up power. I have worked on the cell sites when the gens are running after a hurricane came through.
hvac1877 is offline   Reply With Quote